Paul Hawken speaking Tues. in Toronto

angela bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Tue Oct 9 00:15:33 EDT 2007

GET Smart speaker series presents:

Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Movement in the World Came Into Being and
Why No One Saw it Coming

Tuesday October 9, 2007, 7p.m.

Institute Without Boundaries, 207 Adelaide Street East, Lower Level
(just east of Jarvis on the south side, under the green IWB banner)
Admission is by donation/pwyc

Space is limited! RVSP by email to priscillali at worldhouse.ca or (416)
943-0303 ext. 100

A presentation on video by PAUL HAWKEN, followed by an open discussion
moderated by the Director of the Centre for Social Innovation, TONYA
SURMAN. Is there a convergence of the environmental and social justice
movements?

Paul Hawken, author of Growing a Business, The Ecology of Commerce and
Blessed Unrest was a keynote speaker at this year’s annual conference of
the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) in Berkeley CA.
We are delighted to present the video of his talk in association with the
Institute Without Boundaries (IWB). This event also celebrates the launch
of the Institute’s 07/08 progam.

GET Social! By popular demand, the event will include food and drink,
(cash bar after your first beverage). The cost for this event is supported
by IWB, donations accepted at the door. There will be a prize draw at 9
pm., and the gathering will continue until about 10:30 pm.

Thanks to Brian Milani and Kate Holloway for buying the BALLE conference
videos and audio CDs. We have the whole conference on DVDs and CDs
available for your use!

GET Smart! outreach partners include Coalition for a Green Economy,
Eneract, Enterprise Toronto, Smart Growth Network, Grassroots
Environmental Products, Foodshare, NOW Toronto.

GET Smart! is on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7 pm
Visit us at www.greenenterprise.net

Vote for the MMP on October 10 - It’s Great for Our Local Economy
The referendum on the Mixed Member Proportional voting system is a window
of opportunity to move Ontario toward more balanced, less adversarial
politics. We’ll get stronger local representation at the provincial level.
In places like New Zealand and Germany it has meant a lot more
intelligent, consensus-based legislation on both social and environmental
issues, and has brought more women and more diversity into the power
dynamic. Good for local communities and good for the planet. Let’s do it!

Visit voteformmp.ca for more information about the many benefits of MMP.

--
Eulogies for Tooker and Stories for a
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell us what city/country you live in