Tooker memorial and action - Mar. 3

angela bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Thu Feb 28 11:59:38 EST 2008

Friends,

Mon. March 3rd is the fourth anniversary of Tooker Gomberg's passing...

In Toronto, we will be holding a memorial event in the evening, and a bike
action during the day. See details below. Come if you can! And if you
can't, please consider reading a great piece Tooker and I wrote called:

The Ten Commandments for Changing the World
http://www.greenspiration.org/environ/articles/TenCommandments.htm

Also, here's a very poignant quote of Tooker's I came across recently:

"It's going to take a thousand little improvements to the cityscape to
wean people out of their cars and onto bikes and the bus. Special bicycle
streets will not only help to clear the air, but will bring back some much
needed urban green space and tranquility. The bicycle, though small,
anarchic, and sometimes pesky to the harried motorist, is a powerful
vehicle for getting us out of our urban mess of gridlock, smog, stress and
waste. But without an attitude of care and encouragement, the bicycle will
just sit in the garage with a flat tire, waiting to fulfill its potential
as urban angel."

Monday March 3, 11 a.m.
Bloor and Avenue Road (SE corner)

*** 'Take the Tooker' Bike Lane Demo ***

Join supporters of TaketheTooker, a group of Toronto cyclists advocating
for a bicycle expressway along Bloor/Danforth, as we unfurl a 3 ft. by 144
ft. bike lane on Bloor!  Ride on the lane!

For more info, <greenspi at web.ca> or 647 342 1964
http://www.takethetooker.ca

Monday March 3, 7 p.m.
Friends House, 60 Lowther Ave. (St. George Subway, two blocks north of
Bloor, two blocks east of St. George)

*** Tooker Memorial ***

Join us for a remembrance of Tooker Gomberg's strengths on the fourth
anniversary of his passing. We'll celebrate his contributions through
ritual, activist workshop, and videos of and by Tooker, not to mention
plenty of good food and camaraderie!

Free. All welcome.
For more info, <greenspi at web.ca> or 647 342 1964.

--
Eulogies for Tooker and Stories for a
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell us what city/country you live in