T.O. Events: ag, natural health, SPP, cops, mining, First Nations, toxics, energy and more

angela bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Fri Jun 13 12:10:37 EDT 2008

Toronto Greenspirational Events

The Friends of Alternative and Complementary Therapies presents:
An award-winning film on modern industrial agriculture and biodynamic,
sustainable farming methods.

HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD
one man, one cow, one planet

http://www.howtosavetheworld.co.nz

Friday June 13, 7:00 p.m.
Workman Theatre, CAMH, 1001 Queen St. W. (at Ossington)
Tickets: $12 members, $15 non-members

Film Panelists:
Lauren Baker
Eva Cabaca
Shantree Kacera
Manfred Palmer
Wayne Roberts

For more info, www.thefacts.org, 416 299 5113

Stop Bill C-51 -- Big Pharma vs. Natural Health Care Products

Saturday June 14, 11AM
Queen's Park (north side) - March to follow

CANADIAN NATURAL HEALTH COALITION

Who Are We?
The Canadian Natural Health Coalition is Canada's portal to Health and
Wellness.

We are a collective of Canadian manufacturers, organizations,
practitioners, institutions, businesses and citizens that form a Basis of
Unity. We protect the safety of individual wellness, rights and freedoms
in Canada's natural health community.

Why STOP, not amend, Bill C-51 ?
Our work is to stop Bill C-51 and others like it. Rebuild new Clarity from
CNHC's vision to protect the health of the Canadian public naturally.
CNHC supports open dialogue with those creating Canada's laws and
regulations as well as other action-based groups that support changing
Bill C-51.
We work to give every Canadian an opportunity to know real health. Through
safe, smart prevention ideals and natural products, without
pharmaceuticals - for life.

Help take ACTION!
New members and organizations welcome.
Visit www.cnhc.ca for more info. CNHC is a not-for-profit organization.
<http://www.cnhc.ca/>
<http://www.cnhc.ca/>www.cnhc.ca

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fiy3e
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ux8j44

Stop The SPP
Presented by PressForTruth.ca
June 14th, Queen's Park, Toronto, 1 - 4 pm

Poster Download - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIDWO62Y

Flyer Download Front - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07ZMOMBN
Flyer Download Back - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83FVG7SM

TorontoChange HQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQi69ebt7tU

--
The SPP is the Security and Prosperity Partnership (see SPP.Gov) signed in
March 2005 and the sequel to NAFTA.  It merges Canada, America and Mexico

This includes weakening environmental, trade, health and other
regulations, allowing U.S. troops to operate on Canadian soil like at
the Montebello, Quebec SPP protest last August and more.  We see gas
approaching $1.50 a litre on the way to $2.00 along with other prices
rising, if the SPP is completed by 2010 we'll be even worse off, so
we're trying to stop it now.

There were 500 people at the last one on February 16th (see the video
above) and 1000 expected at this one, plus lots of videocameras and a
chance to promote yourself and your cause and be seen and heard by
even more people.

We invite anyone to perform or say anything they want while (if
possible) keeping the swearing down and somehow tying it into the
threat the SPP poses to Canada and our freedom.  Or, to just lend your
talent and presence to a worthy cause.

Please feel free to drop by or let us know if you're available by
contacting blackkrishna at gmail.com or dan at pressfortruth.ca, we have a
loose schedule so we can fit you in and we're trying to get all
Canadians involved since the SPP affects all of us.

Cheers,
BK

COPS TARGET BIKES

The week of June 16th, Toronto Police are cracking down on cyclists.
They're calling it a Traffic Safety Initiative, but essentially, they'll
be giving tickets to cyclists that roll through stop signs, or who ride
without lights/bells etc. so be forewarned!

Lots of other great bike events during Toronto bike month:
http://www.toronto.ca/cycling/events

Mexican mining battle comes to Toronto!

Two events: 1) meet the activists, 2) join the protest

1) Meet the activists ...

Meet the residents of the Mexican village of Cerro de San Pedro, who are
in Toronto to peacefully protest human rights violations and environmental
devestation by Canadian gold and silver mining corporations operating on
their land.

Lecture with residents of Cerro de San Pedro

Monday June 16th, 2008

7 p.m., Hart House, 7 Hart House Circle, South Dining Room (2nd floor),
University of Toronto

(by subway: Museum Station, then walk south on University, west on
Harbord, or St. George and walk south to Harbord)

In addition to hearing from residents of Cerro de San Pedro, you will also
hear from representatives of Frente Amplio Opositor (FAO), the anti-mine
movement located in Mexico and Montreal, formed to defend local campensino
and indigenous peoples from environmental destruction (including water
contamination through acid mine leakage) perpetrated by Canadian-owned
extraction industries.
-----
60% of the minining corporations in the world are located in Canada, due
to laws which allow companies operating abroad to willfully violate basic
human rights and environmental standards. For more information on this
topic see <http://www.miningwatch.ca/>http://www.miningwatch.ca/
-----
For more information on the struggle in Cerro de San Pedro, Mexico:
http://faomontreal.wordpress.com/ or
<http://cerrodesanpedro.org/>http://cerrodesanpedro.org

2) Join the protest ...

¡¡¡CERRO DE SAN PEDRO: MEXICAN MINE BATTLE COMES TO TORONTO!!!

Since 1997, residents of the Mexican village of Cerro de San Pedro and the
surrounding area have been fighting a large-scale open-pit gold and silver
mine. Canadian corporation Metallica Resources Inc. has backed the project
since its inception. Mining operations began in 2006 without required
environmental permits and despite the repression of dissent, a political
assassination, and widespread allegations of corruption. In July 2008,
Metallica Resources will merge with two other junior mining firms to form
New Gold Inc. Join Mexican anti-mine activists at the site of Metallica
Resource's last shareholder meeting as they bring the resistance to Canada
and give future New Gold shareholders a preview of the battle ahead.

THE METALLICA RESOURCES ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: PICKET AND STREET THEATRE