TO. events: bike lanes on Bloor, Mad Pride, 9-11, 2-wheels

angela bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Tue Jul 8 14:22:26 EDT 2008

Toronto Events

The Bloor Street BIA is hosting a Bloor Street Transformation Information
Night on Tues. If you want to see bike lanes on Bloor, then please attend
this meeting. Numbers are everything! I'll be there with petitions for
bike lanes on bloor, and I'll also unfurl the temp. bike lane. Join me.

Council recently approved the reconstruction plan on Bloor between Avenue
Rd. and Church St. The plan is to remove car parking but NOT include bike
lanes! Let the BIA know what you think about their $25 million dollar plan
which excludes bikes.

---

Bloor Street Transformation Information Night
Tues. July 8 at 6 p.m.
Marriott Bloor-Yorkville Hotel, 90 Bloor St. East
Forest Hill Ballroom

OCAP Rummage Sale
Sunday, July 13 @ 9am - 2pm
Dufferin Grove Park (East side of Dufferin, across from Dufferin Mall just
South of Bloor St.)

If you need something to be picked up from your house on Friday, July 11,
or Saturday July 12, please email: ocaprummage at gmail.com, or OCAP office
at 416-925-6939

To donate items for the sale:
Bring items for sale on the morning of the Rummage Sale between 8 and 9 am.

Mad Pride Week is coming out crazzzzy!
July 14 - 20
- Films, theatre, forums, tours -

Check out the program here:
http://www.friendlyspike.ca/MadPride.html

Skeptics’ Inquiry For Truth and Global Outlook Magazine
(See <http://www.911inquiry.org/>www.911inquiry.org)
present

THE 9/11 DECEPTION CONTINUES

The ‘war on terror’ fraud and the frame-up of the ‘Toronto 18’

AN EVENING WITH

1) Dr. BOB BOWMAN (USA)
Retired USAF Lt. Col., Vietnam Veteran,
Former National STAR WARS Chief
Recipient of the President’s Award, Veterans For Peace
See <http://www.thepatriots.us/>www.ThePatriots.us.

IRAQ, IRAN, IMPEACHMENT

2) Prof. MICHAEL KEEFER (CANADA)
Professor of English, U. of Guelph, graduate Royal Military College of
Canada.

THE ‘TORONTO 18’ FRAME-UP

“The threat to Canadian society is not a bunch of Muslim boys playing
paintball,
it’s an ideologically driven government willing to curtail our civil
liberties.”
See <http://www.globaloutlook.ca/>www.GlobalOutlook.ca.

Monday 14 JULY, 2008, at 7:30 pm

Bloor Street United Church, 300 Bloor Street West, Toronto

at Huron, one block west of St. George Street, 2 blocks east of Spadina
(Use St. George or Spadina subway, or park behind the church. Doors open
6:45 for advance ticket holders)

Tickets $10 in advance, $12 at the door

For information, to purchase tickets, become a local ticket seller, Contact:

Terry Burrows, Project Coordinator
Skeptics’ Inquiry For Truth [SIFT]
E-mail: <mailto:events at 911inquiry.org>events at 911inquiry.org
Telephone: 416-784-9114
<http://www.911inquiry.org/>www.911inquiry.org

Volunteer Opportunity: Meals on 2-Wheelers

West Toronto Support for Seniors needs Meals on 2Wheeles volunteers to
ride hot meals to seniors in the Bloor/Lansdowne neighbourhood.

Rising cost of gas has resulted in fewer volunteer drivers for Meals on
Wheels. West Toronto Support for Seniors is looking for alternative
transportation in order to continue providing our program.

Cyclists and Riders must be available to deliver meals any day between
Monday to Friday 10:30 and 12:00. Routes take approximately 45 mins to
complete and can be adjusted based on skill and fitness level.

Meals on 2Wheelers require:

a bike
trailer can be provided
Get in shape and do something great!

In order to launch our program we require equipment donations such as:

bike
trailers
baskets
racks
kickstands
bells
helmets
locks
bells
West Toronto Support for Seniors is located at 80 Ward St.

Contact
Joanne 416-653-3535 ext.247
<mailto:jalfonsi at wtss.org>jalfonsi at wtss.org

--
Eulogies for Tooker and Stories for a
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell us what city/country you live in