Toronto Windfarm Meeting: Get on the bus!

angela bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Tue Nov 18 18:52:35 EST 2008

Wanna see green energy in Toronto? How bout a wind farm off shore in Lake
Ontario!

You may already know about the important meeting taking place on:
-- Monday, November 24th, 6:30 p.m. in Scarborough --
that will help determine the future of windmills in our lake. NOW THERE’S
A FAST AND EASY WAY TO GET THERE. Take the bus!

Right now, Toronto Hydro is looking at ways to create a wind power
facility about 2 km off the shores of the east end of our city.  Moving
forward on this proposal marks the first real step in turning around our
energy future and turning around our economy. But Toronto Hydro will need
permission to proceed, and a small but vocal group is fighting even the
current effort to measure the wind speeds.

If Toronto Hydro fails to get permission to take this basic first step
toward green, sustainable power, Toronto’s renewable energy future – and
our ability to deal with smog, global warming and green jobs - may come to
a screeching halt!

We need to make sure the voices of Torontonians who support windmills are
heard loud and clear at this meeting. Otherwise windmill opponents could
bring to a screeching halt Toronto’s ability to effectively deal with
global warming and smog.

To help get people to the meeting we are organizing buses to take people
there. Just ride the subway to KENNEDY station, arriving any time between
5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. on Mon. Nov. 24th, and friendly wind power supporters
will meet you in the station (look for people carrying windmill signs) and
guide you to the buses that will take you to the meeting. After it’s over,
we’ll give you a lift back to Kennedy Station.

To guarantee a seat on the bus, please RSVP us at
<mailto:rsvptorontowind at gmail.com>rsvptorontowind at gmail.com . Put “Yes
Bus” in the subject heading so we know you need a lift.

If you can’t make the meeting, please consider:

Writing a letter to the Ontario Government indicating your support for
Toronto Hydro’s proposal. For a sample letter, go to
<http://www.torontoenvironment.org/windmills/sampleletter>www.torontoenvironment.org/windmills/sampleletter
Signing our on-line petition at
<http://www.torontoenvironment.org/windmills/petition>www.torontoenvironment.org/windmills/petition

For more information on the meeting, please visit
<http://www.torontoenvironment.org/windmills>www.torontoenvironment.org/windmills.

Franz Hartmann, PhD
Executive Director
Toronto Environmental Alliance
416-596-0660
franz at torontoenvironment.org
Please visit our newly renovated website at: www.torontoenvironment.org

--
Eulogies for Tooker and Stories for a
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell us what city/country you live in