TO. Greenspirational Events: nukes, water, seeds, bike lanes

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Sun Feb 22 23:10:02 EST 2009

Toronto Greenspirational Events

-

No New Nukes in ON

The Ontario Clean Air Alliance is building a campaign to phase out
nuclear power. We need YOU to help us distribute leaflets, do street
theatre, organize events, and more.

Find out more about the ON government's plans to expand nuclear
power, and learn how you can plug in by attending our next volunteer
orientation:

Tues. Feb. 24th, 8 – 10 p.m., at 519 Church Street Community Centre.

Please rsvp with angela at cleanairalliance.org .

P.S. Check out Jack’s Rap (2 minute video) on our website: http://
www.ontariosgreenfuture.ca/

P.S.S. Have you signed the online petition yet calling for a Nuclear
Cost Responsibility Act? http://www.ontariosgreenfuture.ca/petition.php

Also, we're organizing a No Nukes Teach-in Mar. 13-14 at the U of T.
Find out more about it and register here: http://
nuketeachin.eventbrite.com

-
-

RESISTING APARTHEID:
ANARCHISTS AGAINST THE WALL

Shachaf Polakow from Anarchists Against the Wall
Speaking on their work in the West Bank and the current situation in
Gaza
With video footage and photographs

Tuesday 24 February
7-9 p.m.
OISE Auditorium
252 Bloor Street West
(St. George subway stop)
Suggested Donation: $5 or PWYC
For more info: wsp.toronto at gmail.com

Anarchists Against the Wall is an Israeli direct action group
fighting against

Israeli apartheid and oppression in all its forms, most recently
against the atrocities in Gaza.  For five years they have waged a
constant struggle against Israel's Apartheid Wall in the West Bank,
working in solidarity with the Palestinian popular movement there.

www.awall.org

Sponsors include: CUPE 3907, Women in Solidarity with Palestine
(WSP), Common Cause, International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network,
Canada (IJAN)

Endorsements include: United People's Jewish Order (UJPO) Canada,
Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid (CAIA), Independent Jewish Voices
(IJV),
Zatoun, Not in Our Name (NION): Jewish Voices Opposing Zionism,
CAW Sam Gindin Chair in Social Justice and Democracy, Ryerson
University,
OPIRG-Toronto, Yosher Jewish Network for Social Justice, Global Aware

-
-

Urban Forest Orientation