TO. Greenspirational Events: docs, books, workshops

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Mon May 4 10:54:37 EDT 2009

Toronto Greenspirational Events

Hot Docs (documentary film festival) is happening http://
schedule.hotdocs.ca/ April 30 – May 10.

Here are some recommended enviro and activist films:
http://schedule.hotdocs.ca/index.php/2009/subjects/Activism/P12/
http://schedule.hotdocs.ca/index.php/2009/subjects/Ecology%20&%20the%
20Environment

Sprout Show

A sprout show showcasing locally produced seeds, seedlings, and
gardening information is taking place from May 1st to 15th at Hotshot.

It will include workshops, activities, garden exhibits and
installations for all ages. The purpose of the show is to provide a
space to exchange information and ideas relating to gardening and
farming.

This will also provide a space where local businesses and people can
promote their projects, products, and services. Any gardener, urban
farmers, chef, or person who has knowledge about plants to share is
welcome to participate in this event.

There is space available for demonstrations, workshops, exhibits, or
artist/political exploration surrounding seeds, plants and gardening
in general.

If you are interested in this please email Josh at
Urbanredhead at gmail.com

The demonstrations and activities will take place on the first two
weekends of May (2nd and 3rd ; 9th and 10th ) between noon and 7 pm.
at Hotshot gallery, 181 Augusta Ave. (in Kensington Market)

www.hotshotkensington.com

NO WATER TO WASTE!

Ontarians March to Dump Site 41 to Protect Our Water

Monday, May 4th: 3 p.m. gather, 4 p.m. march

Marchers will gather at Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Church,
106 Yonge St N, Elmvale at 3:00 p.m. The march will leave from "The
Flow", a pure spring located near the chruch, where marchers can fill
their re-usable water bottles. A rally at Site 41 will start at 5:00
p.m.

For more information, contact Stuart Trew, Ontario-Quebec Regional
Organizer for the Council of Canadians: strew at canadians.org

More info and directions: http://www.canadians.org/water/issues/
Site41/index.html.

War and urban renewal, from Hiroshima and Dresden to Baghdad; general
butler was right:
War is a Racket

FREE Lecture -  Studies in Propaganda

Monday, May 4th from 6-8pm

U of T, Bahen Centre, 40 St. George Street, Room 1190, 1st Floor

For more info, contact Sydney White,  Investigative Journalist
416-787-0592

Last chance for input into bike lanes on Jarvis

Transportation Services just announced that it has completed the
Jarvis Streetscape Improvement EA Environmental Study Report.
Apparently not swayed by the significant public input it received,
the recommended design up for approval has no bike lanes.

We have reported on the Jarvis Street redesign many times previously
in TCAT News, most recently here. While we applaud the City for its
efforts to improve the public realm, any redesign street must
properly accommodate cyclists. TCAT's position is that Jarvis should
be transformed from a 5-lane road to a 3- lane road, maintaining the
reversible centre lane. Read our submission to the City here.

Please consider attending the Public Works and Infrastructure
Committee on May 5th to make a deputation.