TO. Greenspiration Events: Site 41, Videoactive, Mass Ride

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Mon Jul 27 11:20:11 EDT 2009

TO. Greenspiration Events

Site 41 Student Solidarity Rally

Polluters Are Criminals Not Peaceful Protesters

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

12:00pm - 3:00pm

Barrie Court House

Barrie, ON

Protesters who have as a last ditch effort have been blockading the
proposed landfill site are being sued by the County and face arrest
for their peaceful protests will be having their day in court next
Wednesday July 29 and College, university and high school students
will be coming from across Ontario, from Toronto to Barrie to show
their support for this important protest to Save Our Water and Stop
Site 41.
Buses will be leaving from:
UofT 8am
Ryerson 8:15
York 8:30

Contact us for more info or to reserve a seat on the bus.

4169795193

students4sustainability at gmail.com

For accessibility info contact: Chris McNeil ed at mycesar.org

There is No Water to Waste: Save the Water: Fight the Dump

Your immediate support and solidarity is needed in Simcoe County,
Ontario to STOP the county from building a GARBAGE dump site on top
of the Alliston aquifer (an underwater lake stretching from Georgian
Bay to Lake Ontario- forever destroying some of the purest water in
the world. In 2006, scientist William Shotyk after testing it likened
this groundwater to "the cleanest layers of ancient arctic ice".

Community members have fought tirelessly against the Site 41 project
for over fifteen years but it is scheduled to open this fall and
construction or 'de-watering' of the site HAS BEGUN. . As of two
weeks ago local residents and aboriginal women protesters have
blockaded all entrances to the site. In their last ditch attempt to
stop this disaster from happening. However this week the County
(using taxpayers money) have attempted to sue protesters for $160 000
and have received an interim injunction against any further
blockades. Meaning protesters can expect to be arrested for contempt
of court between now and when the court will hear the full case on
Wednesday July 29, 2009.

Please get informed and find a way to get involved. http://
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51703299996

More than ever, we need to support the community, help to oppose the
dump site and say NO to the destruction of a pristine water source in
our own backyard

We need people to come on the bus next Wednesday.

We need people to contact Dalton McGuinty and their local MPP.

We need financial support for supplies and new signs.

We need to have the word spread so tell your friends.

Visit the Council of Canadians for more info: http://
www.canadians.org/water/issues/Site41/index.html

DVD Release Party
THE BEST OF VIDEOACTIVE
Thursday, July 30
7:30 pm (doors @ 7)
Innis Town Hall, University of Toronto
2 Sussex St. (at St. George)

Admission $5
Or free with purchase of DVD ($20)

The Toronto Video Activist Collective (TVAC) is proud to present THE
BEST OF VIDEOACTIVE - a compilation of the very best direct-action
short videos from the seminal "VideoActive" video zine.

Come celebrate the tenth anniversary of "VideoActive" with our first-
ever DVD release - featuring highlights from Reclaim the Streets to
the Pope Squat, from Pussy Palace to TTC subway parties - and from
Quebec City to Argentina.

For more information and interviews, please contact
tvactoronto at yahoo.ca.

And on Facebook, please RSVP:
http://www.facebook.com/events.php#/event.php?eid=108682469752

Critical Mass Ride

Friday July 31 (and the last Friday of every month) (*sorry for the
inaccurate note I sent around last week -a)
Gather at 6 p.m., leave at 6:30 p.m.
Bloor and Spadina

Part of an international movement of motor-free fun-seeking
enthusiasts that find safety and joy in numbers. Join us!

------

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join our email list by emailing us at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell us what city/country you live in