TO. Greenspiration Events: films, rides, fun

Bischoff Angela greenspi at web.ca
Sun Sep 6 21:00:08 EDT 2009

TO. Greenspiration Events

Pedal for the Planet

Calling all Toronto cyclists:
Join the two-wheelers that are traversing the country on their way to
Ottawa to pressure the feds to take action on climate change!

Monday Sept. 7, Labour Day
Union Station, 9 a.m. meet at Union Station plaza for local spin to
Leslie St. Spit and back OR to ride all the way to Pickering
Others join the Go Train from Union Station, departing at 10:45 am
bound for Pickering. From Pickering, Pedal for the Planet riders will
cycle to Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa, then camp at Darlington Provincial
Park. Campers need to bring their own tent, mat and sleeping bag.
The cost of GO will be covered for riders who will continue on past
this first day. Day only riders must cover their own cost of GO.
There are no registration fees, but the registration form is
available at www.kyotoplus.ca/pedal
For more info: Ted Perry 416 802 5913
(Note: A support vehicle driver is needed to accompany the ride – if
you’re available, contact Ted above.)

Memorials For Allan Sheppard

Join ARC - Advocacy for Respect for Cyclists - for a memorial for
Darcy Allan Sheppard, the cyclist killed at Bloor/Ave. Road last week:

Monday, September 7th
7:00 PM Bloor and Spadina

Another Memorial will be held at the Native Canadian Center of Toronto
16 Spadina Road (north of Bloor) RD
Monday, Sept. 7
2 - 4 p.m.

Climate Change is Coming to Town Film Festival
http://www.climatechangeiscomingtotown.net

Tues. Sept. 8 - Sun. 13
Bloor Cinema
$5
.
The goal of the film festival is to raise awareness of climate change
and its impact on the earth system and the human societies. We are at
a critical stage of the UNFCCC negotiation which will conclude in
Copenhagen December this year. Looking at the state of the climate
change, the result of the UNFCCC meeting in Copenhagen will have long
term and serious effect on the future of humanity and many other
species. We try to inform the public about the situation we are at,
and the effect of our collective action or inaction on the future
generations to come.

Schedule

Tuesday, September 8th
7:00 pm Free Workshop: B1170 40 St. George Street
Casualty of Climate Change: Tuvalu, a Disappearing Nation

Wednesday, September 9th Bloor Cinema $5
6:45 pm Climate Experience—Short Film Series
Panel: Climate Experience

Thursday, September 10th Bloor Cinema $5
6:45 pm Climate Change and Women—Short Film Series,
Film: Robert, Mary and Katrina
Panel: Climate Change and Women, and the Marginalized Groups

Friday, September 11th Bloor Cinema $5
6:45 pm Film: The Venus Theory
Panel: State of Climate Change, and State of Climate Change UNFCCC
Negotiation

Saturday, September 12th Bloor Cinema $5
1:00 pm  Film: H2Oil
Panel: Tar Sands and Climate Justice

Saturday, September 12th Bloor Cinema $5
6:00 pm  Film: The Disappearing of Tuvalu: Trouble in Paradise
Panel: Re-examine Humanity

Sunday, September 13th Bloor Cinema $5
1:00 pm Film: Weather Report
Panel: Our Vision, and What We Should Do

My Toxic Baby

World premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival:

Friday September 11th at 9:30 PM at the Isabel Bader Theatre, 93
Charles Street West (Bloor & Avenue Rd) and
Saturday September 12th at 1:00 PM at Jackman Hall, AGO, 317 Dundas
Street West. (Dundas & University)

To order tickets you can visit the TIFF site
http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/films/mytoxicbaby

Our film website is: http://www.mytoxicbaby.com

The Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape
invite you to this year's

Take Back the Night -- No More Hiding

Saturday September 12
Community Fair at 5pm, Rally at 6pm, March at 8pm
1900 Davenport Rd at Symington
Davenport Perth Neighbourhood Centre

Food and refreshments, ttc, and rides for women with Different
Abilities provided
Wheelchair accessible
Transpositive
ASL interpretation provided
Notetakers upon request
for info contact deb at 416 597 1171 x230

Gather Your Possibilities

An Introductory Collage Workshop

Sunday, September 13 from 6-8 pm

Follow Your Bliss Yoga Studio

25 Grange Avenue

No Experience Necessary

Cost: $12 (All Materials Provided)

Catherine will encourage workshop participants to gather images and
create a collage piece which expresses personal possibility.
Catherine has exhibited her work at art shows and can’t wait to share
her love of collage with the Follow Your Bliss community. Sample
pictures of her art can be found at c-raine.com.

To register for this workshop, please contact Dee at (416) 550-4137
or Catherine at (416) 265-4850.

Playing With Democracy
Wed. Sept. 16, 7:30 p.m.
at Cinecycle (129 Spadina, south of Richmond east into the alley)
Free

A celebration of elections and indy media

Book launch of Tooker Gomberg's writings and video screening of
Tooker's 2000 mayoral campaign
For more info: www.greenspiration.org

------

sponsored by Ontario Clean Air Alliance, Centre for Social
Innovation, and Tooker Gomberg Greenspiration Fund

------

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join our email list by emailing us at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell us what city/country you live in