T.O. Greenspiration Events: Blessings of the Season

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Sun Dec 19 20:07:30 EST 2010

Toronto Greenspiration Events

 Peace, joy, reflection. Blessings of the season...
 - angela
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
For more events in the coming weeks, check out NOW Magazine's Daily Listings:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/daily_events.cfm
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Need a beautiful and just 2011 wall calendar?
Buy a Bicycle Solidarity Calendar from me!
Just $10 (+ $2 postage). A fundraiser for bike lanes on Bloor as well as Cyclo Nord Sud, a Montreal based group that
sends used bikes to southern countries.
Send a cheque to: Tooker Gomberg Activist Fund, 19A Withrow Ave, Toronto, ON M4K 1C8 and I'll send you as
many calendars as you can give away!
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Oppose the Toronto Island Airport Tunnel

Sign the petition that CommunityAIR is co-sponsoring to ensure the Island Airport tunnel does not get built. Sign it and learn more here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/demand-a-proper-ea-for-toronto-island-airport-tunnel-project/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Concerned about the future of Transit City?

There is a wonderful community group advocating on behalf of transit riders. You can find out more about them, send a letter to City Councillors, or even join the group by going to www.ttcriders.ca

Also, Steve Munro runs a first rate blog on all things TTC: www.stevemunro.ca. Steve has been Toronto's premier independent transit researcher and activist for four decades. His site is the best resource there is for people who want to engage in conversation about what the TTC is and what it could be.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Commie Pinkos Go Viral!!
You-Tube Video and Poster Contest

The Year of our Ford is upon us.  And it's not gonna be pretty.

Rob Ford swept to power on his populist “working man” appeal, despite the
fact that he is a millionaire and is gearing up to slash the very services
we depend on most.  Less than two weeks in, he's already preparing to blow
$15 million a year on new cops that even the police chief doesn't want and
costing us millions and millions of dollars by scrapping Transit City for
his asinine subway expansion wet dream...

Here's a chance to help inform, inspire, and energize the growing
opposition to Ford's agenda.

Stick it to Ford!
Win Fabulous Prizes!

Submit an entry to OCAP's “Commie Pinkos” You-tube video and poster competition!

The themes:
•Cut the cops and fund services
•Ford's no friend of the working class

Points to be awarded for creativity, factual accuracy, and wit
and please... spare us the fat jokes!

Deadline for submissions: January 31, 2011

Read on for important contest details:
Video Category: Upload your video to You-Tube and email us the link, at
ocap.publication at gmail.com with the subject heading: “video submission”.
Your video must be no more than 3 minutes in length.

Poster Category:  Email your poster submission to:
ocap.publication at gmail.com with the subject heading: “poster submission”
as a jpg, tiff, or pdf file at no more than 300 dpi.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Roommate wanted for Feb 1st

- Bedroom with Loft  bed (double mattress) within 1500' Loft space
- MINIMUM 6 month stay
- All inclusive (hydro, internet, electricity, water, laundry in building, nearby car parking, outdoor covered bike parking)
- Large open kitchen concept - love cooking - healthy local mostly vegetarian/vegan/raw
- Share with 2 others, an artist and musician and professional Declutterer, yoga teacher and community organizer and cooking teacher
- Must be working full time
- Community oriented/weekly house meetings

PLEASE ENQUIRE for more details
Petra 416.732.8965
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

GTWA Free and Accessible Transit Campaign invites you to a:

Transit Picket!

Monday, December 20, 11: 30 AM – 2:00 PM
Yonge & Bloor, North East Corner TTC Entrance

Distributing Flyers, Leaflets, Pamphlets
Speaking with transit riders
Demanding free and accessible transit for all!

This year, the Free and Accessible Transit Campaign of the Greater Toronto Workers’ Assembly has been a growing force for a free, accessible, expanded and democratic transportation system for the city and beyond. We have organized rallies, forums, discussions and strategized on ways to move forward. During the summer and fall, we have leafleted many TTC subway stops, engaging with commuters and publicly highlighting the need for free and accessible transit.

This Monday, December 20 is a special TTC picket, highlighting the failures of accessibility within the TTC - failures which are chronic and system-wide. And we need YOU!

Poor and disabled people are kept off the TTC every day by: high fares; completely inaccessible streetcars; a subway inaccessible to a huge number of people, and an ineffective Wheel-Trans system that segregates disabled people.

Enough is enough. We must be able to move around our communities in order to live our lives.

Dress warm! See you out there!

From the GTWA Transit Committee
For more info contact: workingclassfightback at gmail.com
http://www.workersassembly.ca

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Kensington Market Winter Solstice – 21st Annual
Tues. Dec. 21 - full moon, eclipse, longest night of the year!

Gather at Oxford and Augusta for a 6:30 send-off. Process through the market toward Alexandra Park for an 8’ish finale.

Celebrate the return of light on the longest, darkest night!

The Kensington Market Winter Solstice is a participatory lantern parade.

Make a lantern, bang a drum, wear a costume, carry a puppet… this is a people’s celebration!

http://redpepperspectacle.wordpress.com/festival-of-lights/

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join my email list by emailing Angela at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell me what city/country you live in