Greenspiration News: Blessings of the Season

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Tue Dec 21 00:28:00 EST 2010

Greenspiration News

Blessings of the season - love and peace in 2011. -a

Get your 2011 Bicycle Calendar from me!

If you love this Greenspiration newsletter, would you consider making a donation to the
Tooker Gomberg Activist Fund? We fund grassroots activist projects. Every donation will receive
a bicycle calendar, value $10 plus $2 postage. Give a bike calendar (or 3) for a Christmas gift.
Send cheques to:
Tooker Gomberg Activist Fund, 19A Withrow Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M4K 1C8
Thank you...
-angela

The Story of the Christmas Truce of 1914

A true and incredible story from WW1

“…the troops sensed their common humanity, and the natural human aversion to killing broke through to consciousness (and they dropped their guns)”

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2010/121410c.html

Sign the petition in support of WikiLeaks

Join me, Daniel Ellsberg, Barbara Ehrenreich, Arundhati Roy, Noam Chomsky and others in standing up for freedom of the press and speaking out in support of WikiLeaks' right to publish information that some powerful people find objectionable.

Sign FAIR's petition today: http://bit.ly/hsKUT8

Canada among top climate-change culprits: report

Canada is the fourth worst out of 57 countries evaluated for their performances in helping halt climate change, according to a report released Monday. Last year, Canada ranked 56th out of 57 countries evaluated. Its improved showing this year is not due to improved performance, but rather to the slipping performance of Australia and Kazakhstan.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/12/06/tech-climate-change-ranking.html

The Peasant View of Cancún Talks: 'They Want to Turn the Air into a Commodity'

"What they are proposing is good only for capitalists. Capitalism has caused climate change and now it wants to make new business from it. They want to turn the air into a commodity. They want to put a price tag on everything," says Luis Gomes de Maura of the Brazilian landless workers' movement, Movimento dos Trabalhadores Rurais Sem Terra. "These are false solutions to climate change."

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/12/08-4

Has Environmentalism Lost Its Spiritual Core?

"The environment becomes sacred, because to destroy what is essential to life is to destroy life itself." - Wangari Maathai

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2035271,00.html#ixzz17RxpBb4I

Selling bipolar disorder
	Crazy-making Pharma expands definitions

http://www.commonground.ca/iss/233/cg233_cassels.shtml

Chilean Economist Manfred Max-Neef, author of Barefoot Economics:

US Is Becoming an "Underdeveloping Nation"

20 min. audio-video interview
http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.com/2010/09/httpwww.html

"Town of Allopath" - Medical Model - Symptoms vs Cause

This is a fantastic 6 min. video cartoon, a metaphor about the dysfunction of allopathic medicine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t29aFSACbnA

The Ontario ombudsman's G20 report confirms the denial of our civil liberties

Vindication. Marin's report is a validation of dissent as a form of political engagement.
http://rabble.ca/news/2010/12/ontario-ombudsmans-g20-report-confirms-denial-our-civil-liberties

CarFree Times

http://www.carfree.com/cft/i060.html

Plastic State of Mind

Short rap music video calling for a ban of single-use plastic bags:

http://ht.ly/3rwqc

On the move in a warming world: The rise of climate refugees
Climate change is causing increasing hardships in hardscrabble regions such as Africa's Sahel, leaving many no choice but to migrate to stay alive.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/africa-mideast/on-the-move-in-a-warming-world-the-rise-of-climate-refugees/article1843024/singlepage/

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join my email list by emailing Angela at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell me what city/country you live in