T.O. Greenspiration Events: Yay - the War on the Car is Over

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Mon Jan 3 21:09:32 EST 2011

Toronto Greenspiration Events

Need a wall calendar? I have beautiful bicycle calendars for sale. They're a fundraiser for bike-lanes-on-Bloor advocacy. Send $10 + $2 postage to:
Tooker Gomberg Activist Fund, 19A Withrow Ave, Toronto M4K 1C8
-angela
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Room for Rent in Artist's LOFT Warehouse

$625  - Ossington & Dupont - Available Feb. 1

See more details and photos here: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/roo/2141479765.html

---------------------------------------

Register online at:
http://webapp.mcis.utoronto.ca/EventDetails.aspx?eventid=9330
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Arctic Security Symposium: Now is the Time for an Arctic Nuclear Weapon Free Zone

Thursday, January 6,  1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Munk School of Global Affairs, U of T, 1 Devonshire Place, Room 108N

Please register online or contact sara at gordonfn.org
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
WHY WE FIGHT
Free Screening

Fri. January 7, 7:30 - 9:30pm
Centre of Gravity, 1300 Gerrard St. East, Toronto

You are invited to a free screening of the film, 'Why We Fight' -- which
deals with the concept and escalation of the 'military-industrial complex,'
generally, and that phenomenon in the U.S. more particularly.

Helping us through discussions of issues associated with this film will be
Dr. Peter Langille, PhD in Peace Studies from the University of Bradford,
Advisor to the UN and other governments about issues of international
peacekeeping. Dr. Langille also has authored several books, including
Changing the Guard: Canada's Defence in a World in Transition.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Mass Demonstration Calling for Public Inquiry into G20 Summit
Saturday, January 8, 2011 · 2 pm - 5 pm
Queen's Park, Toronto
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138671122855386
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Let's launch 2011 with a spark - a Non-Nuclear one!

Do you want four more reactors leaking tritium into Lake Ontario? Do we need thousands more tonnes of radioactive waste? Ontario's plan to build more reactors at the Darlington site goes before an environmental assessment panel in the spring, but anyone wanting to make an oral or written comment must file by January 13, 2011.

This is an opportunity to be heard! All it takes is an email [http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5654/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=5028 ]. The pro-nuke lobby keeps telling the government not to worry, only a handful of zealots care. We can prove them wrong by sending hundreds of emails!

We have drafted a quick note for you to send right away in order to register. In a few weeks, we will prepare a sample submission for you to send.

Be sure to tell your friends.
Click here to register now!

- From the Sierra Club of Canada
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Support Transit City – take action!

The Facebook event is still active and there's a new Facebook petition as well.

One Toronto is urging their allies to take action and email their politicians.

TTCRiders.ca and Toronto Environmental Alliance has a new means of emailing Rob Ford, all Toronto city councillors, Ontario MPPs with Toronto ridings and Premier Dalton McGuinty in one easy step -http://emailthem.ca/transitcity/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Yay - the war on the car is over!

http://torontoist.com/2010/12/glad_hand_9.php

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join my email list by emailing Angela at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell me what city/country you live in