T.O. Greenspiration Events: Happy IWD!

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Sun Mar 6 22:55:59 EST 2011

Toronto Greenspiration Event

Mar. 8th is the 100th International Women's Day! IWD is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. Here's to women everywhere!

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Toronto Free School

Spring Semester has started - get in on the fun!
- Art Journaling
- Decolonizing Language
- Men and patriarchy
- Gardening discussion group
- Knit nights
- Sex talk - alternative sexualities
- Free software
and much more!

http://torontofreeskool.wordpress.com/
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Toronto Youth Food Policy Council Meeting

Mon. March, 7, 6:00-8:00 pm.
Metro Hall, Room 308, 55 John Street

There is no way around it – Toronto’s Youth are incredibly passionate about Urban Agriculture. In fact, at nearly every Community Meeting of the Toronto Youth Food Policy Council (TYFPC), Youth bring up ‘Urban Agriculture’ as a solution to many of the problems introduced by our globalized food system.
Don’t miss the March 7th TYFPC Community Meeting where we will dig deeper into Urban Ag issues, including lively discussions around the many opportunities to become involved with the movement as Toronto gears up for planting season! We will also be hearing from several Youth who are working in urban agriculture and (as always) we will break out into brainstorming groups.

See You(th) There! Become a part of Toronto’s Future Foodie Community!

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Seventh Annual Israeli Apartheid Week
Institutional Complicity and Campus Resistance

March 7 - 13, Toronto
See program here: www.apartheidweek.org

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Centre for Women’s Studies in Education (CWSE) and 360 Productions are proud to present:

The Vagina Monologues
the year's sexiest play, by Eve Ensler

Tues. Mar. 8, 7 p.m.
OISE Auditorium, 252 Bloor St W, Toronto
Tickets $15

Tickets available in advance at the CWSE, 2-225, 252 Bloor W, in person Monday through Thursday, 12pm to 3pm.
Or get your ticket at the door, 6-6:45pm the day of.

This multiple-award winning play by Eve Ensler is given a fresh new twist by Loretta Chen, PhD, award-winning director of the internationally acclaimed 251 and the Asian Premiere of the Broadway classic Victor/Victoria. It is produced by Telly Award recipient and Hollywood fight choreographer, Jennifer Phillips (Salt, Eclipse).

Boasting a stellar cast of 33 diverse, talented, and dynamic women, The Vagina Monologues is a powerful collection of anecdotes celebrating all things feminine - part therapy, part informative, wholly electrifying!

Leave your inhibitions at the door as you laugh with the women recollecting their first love, virgin sexual encounter and horror stories of their first period! Or, weep and be livid with them as they share painful childhood experiences, traumas of abuse and stories of sexual violation. Finally, revel in awe and wonder as we pay tribute to our mothers - the single most important woman in our lives.

Whether you are a Man from Mars or Woman from Venus, join us in this Earth-shattering, no-holds barred theatrical experience! So make this your mandatory night out as we celebrate all things wild, wonderful and women!

Get ready, get set, get wet!

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

National Child Care Now!
Flash Mob & Rally

Tuesday, March 8, 3:30pm
Yonge & Dundas Square

To support this event you can:
1. Pass on this info over listservs and to your contacts. Email me to receive the event poster for this purpose.
2. Attend the rally. Join the Facebook event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183198015049240) and invite your friends.
3. Volunteer to help make it happen - email nationalchildcarenow at gmail.com for more info.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

End Violence Against Women! Stop Deportations!
Rally to Condemn CBSA Policy

Tues. March 8th, International Women’s Day, 1pm.
Immigration and Refugee Board – 74 Victoria Street

Join us on International Women’s Day to demand immigration enforcement stop stalking non-status women.

On Friday, February 11,  Canada Border Services Agency issued a national policy ordering its officers to enter and wait outside anti-violence against women spaces to detain and deport women survivors of violence. Immigration Enforcement has also been given instructions to follow women survivors of violence on their way to and from spaces where they may seek support. We condemn this policy and all actions of the CBSA to detain and deport women fleeing violence.

This policy is a major reversal of the victories won by grassroots organizing and must be opposed. Over the last two years, migrant women and anti-racist organizers with the Shelter | Sanctuary | Status Campaign, through rallies, protests, press conferences, delegations and actions, forced the Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre to pass a policy in October 2010 that it would not enter, or wait outside any space serving survivors of violence to arrest undocumented women. The policy also stated that immigration enforcement would not call these spaces to verify the identity of women in these spaces.

Anti-violence against women spaces were created as a safe and supportive space for all women fleeing violence. We can’t allow CBSA to undermine our work and take these safe spaces away from us. We need to reclaim these spaces as ours. The Shelter | Sanctuary | Status Campaign is calling upon all anti-racist feminists to fight together to ensure that the violence of deportation against women not be allowed to continue. Demand justice for undocumented women survivors of violence. Demand Status for All!

Web: http://toronto.nooneisillegal.org/node/575
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145470118850276

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Queer and Trans Women's Wellness Retreat

Tues. March 8 · 5:00 - 9:00 pm
The 519 Church Street Community Centre

Celebrate International Women's Day at The 519!

Join us for an evening featuring presentations, performances, health and wellness information and demonstrations and an opportunity to spend time with friends at The Centre.

This event is hosted by Newcomer Programs at The 519 in partnership with Women's Health in Women's Hands, Access Alliance, Rainbow Health Network, Rainbow Health Ontario, Planned Parenthood Toronto, Hassle Free Clinic, Toronto Women's Bookstore, Sherbourne Health Centre and Black CAP.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

When it comes to ending violence against women, it starts with being heard. On March 8, Women’s College Hospital wants you to be inspired by the heroic women of Burma.

WOMEN LEADING CHANGE : AN INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’ S DAY EVENT

Tuesday, March 8, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m
Metro-Central YMCA, 20 Grosvenor St., Toronto
Free admission

Please join us for the Toronto premiere of the documentary This Is My Witness – a film about two Burmese women, and their incredible journey of survivorship and the path to justice – followed by a panel discussion with leading-edge thinkers. We hope you’ll discover how global issues affect women’s lives locally, and that all of us can become leaders of change.

Guest Speakers Include:
• Julaine Eberhard, PhD, LLB – Co-ordinator of the International Tribunal on Crimes Against Women of Burma
• Janice Du Mont, EdD – Scientist, Women’s College Research Institute
• Johanna MacDonald, LLB – Chair of Toronto Working Group, Canadian Centre for International Justice
• Sheila Macdonald, RN, MN – Provincial Co-ordinator of the Ontario Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centres
• Pah Wah A Burmese woman, living in Toronto, who supported a testifier in the International Tribunal on Crimes Against Women of Burma

To RSVP please email Jenny.Cheadle at wchospital.ca. Seating is limited.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Women: Health, Peace and the Environment - HerStoriesCafe

Tues. Mar. 8, 3-6pm

Cumberland House International Student Centre: University of Toronto campus, 33 St. George Street-north east corner of St. George and College.

Our Speaker: Dorothy Goldin Rosenberg. Her talk is entitled Women: Health, Peace and the Environment.

Dorothy Goldin Rosenberg teaches Environmental Health, Transformative Higher Education and Policy Change: Education for Social and Ecosystem Healing" at OISE/UT

Also we will have a panel of International students share issues related to women, health and the environment from their home countries.

Free. There will also be refreshments. For further information please check www.herstoriescafe.ca

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Community Canning Workshop

Tues. Mar. 8, 6 - 9 p.m.
201 Cowan Ave.
Learn to preserve the harvest with expert canner Heather Kilner!
Get hands on experience preserving local produce in this instructive workshop while discussing the history, meaning, and politics of home preserving. Whether you are new to canning or have done your own preserving, you will learn useful tricks, tips, and techniques, improve your understanding of the science behind canning, and take home some delicious preserves.

Register: http://westendfood.coop/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=69

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Green Keys Tour

Final Stop: Toronto

Wed. Mar. 9, 8 pm.
Hart House, Music Room, U of T
Free

This concert will feature Earth Hour, a 60-minute continuous composition inspired by and performed in the dark.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Green-Keys-Tour-Frank-Horvat/202636018345?ref=search&sid=581991006.3541082125..1#!/event.php?eid=152816064776553

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Complete Streets webinar - roads that are accessible for all

Wed Mar 9, 10-11 am
Transport Canada's EcoMobility Program is presenting a webinar about what's involved in designing a complete street and how Canadian municipalities can adopt complete streets policies.

To register, contact Cate: registrar at toolsofchange.com Tools of Change Webinars.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

2011 Graham Lecture

The Ecology of Food:  Can We Feed the World and Save the Earth?

with David Tilman, Regents' Professor &McKnight Presidential Chair in Ecology
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior, University of Minnesota

Wednesday, March 9, 4:30 p.m.
15 King’s College Circle, Room 140, University College, University of Toronto
Reception in Room 240 following lecture

Agriculture is a major force of global environmental change, and currently accounts for more global greenhouse gas release than transportation. Moreover, even if accelerating demand for biofuel crops is ignored, demand for agricultural crops will likely double by 2050. The method by which this crop demand is met will greatly influence the future impacts of global agriculture on greenhouse gas releases, loss of biodiversity, and nitrogen pollution of groundwater, freshwaters, and marine ecosystems.  Global food supply can be increased by intensifying agricultural practices on existing croplands and by clearing native ecosystems to create additional croplands. Each method has global environmental impacts. Meeting future global food demand through moderate but strategic agricultural intensification on currently underperforming croplands would greatly mitigate environmental impacts from greenhouse gas emissions, land clearing, and fertilizer use.

No registration necessary.
Call (416) 978-3160 for more information.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Voice of Women celebrates International Women's Day

Wed. Mar 9, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Beit Zatoun, 612 Markham Street (by Bathurst subway)
Join us for an evening of international music and delicious foods. Hear the beautiful sounds of jazz duo Brenda Lewis and Margaret Stowe, an acclaimed Canadian folk singer-songwriter Marianne Girard, soulful sounds of Nadia Edward, Oriental/Egyptian dance with Kara Culp, and African dance with Agha Norba.

Suggested donation of $10-$20 or PWYC

Sorry, not wheelchair accessible Tasty refreshments (non-alcoholic) and Zatoun oliveoil with za'atar dipping.

Canadian Voice of Women for Peace info at vowpeace.org

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Book Launch: Sparking A Worldwide Energy Revolution
Social Struggles in the Transition to a Post-Petrol World

featuring a presentation from editor Kolya Abramsky.

Thursday March 10. 7 pm
Regal Beagle, 335 Bloor St West, Toronto.

Kolya Abramsky is a former visiting fellow at the Institute of Advanced Studies in Science, Technology and Society, in Graz, Austria, where he received the Manfred-Heindler Award for Energy and Climate Change Research, and in 2006 was coordinator of the Danish-based World Wind Energy Institute, an international effort in non-commercial renewable energy education, involving different renewable energy centers from around the world. Abramsky has worked for over a decade with a range of grassroots social and environmental organizations around the world doing educational work, international mobilizations, publications and translations. He is currently coordinating Towards a Worldwide Energy Revolution, a global project that aims to bring together people from a wide range of organizations and struggles to build long term alliances in order to prepare for an anti-capitalist transition to a new energy system.

With over fifty chapters written by contributors from approximately twenty countries, Sparking A Worldwide Energy Revolution forms acollective map of the most dynamic struggles within the energy sector. Visit: www.akpress.org

Sponsored by OPIRG Toronto and Upping the Anti

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

John Loxley Lecture: Global Crisis, Fiscal Restraint and Public-Private Partnerships
2011 Phyllis Clarke Memorial Lecture

Thursday March 10, 7 PM
Oakham Lounge, Ryerson University, 63 Gould Street, Toronto.

Dr. John Loxley is a professor in the Department of Economics, University of Manitoba. He specializes in International Money and Finance, International Development and Community Economic Development and has published extensively in these areas. He has researched public-private partnerships for almost fifteen years and recently published Public Service Private Profits: The Political Economy of Public-Private Sector Partnerships, with Salim J. Loxley, Fernwood Publishers, 2010.

Co-sponsored and supported by Ryerson's CUPE Locals 233, 1281, 3904, Ontario Council of Hospital Unions/CUPE and the Department of Politics and Public Administration, Ryerson University

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Come to Rainbow Cinemas Market Square for the MINT Film Festival Screening of Liz Marshall's

Water On The Table

Thur. March 10th, 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Where: Rainbow Cinemas Market Square - 80 Front Street East (near Jarvis)
$9 Advance, $10 door and $7 for students and seniors

Co-hosted by The Toronto Dollar, The Council Of Canadians and The Polaris Institute

Pre-Screening Musical Entertainment (5:30-7:00pm): Mark Cassidy
Warm Up Act: MTV's Derek Forgie representing the Polaris Institute
Featured Shorts: Away by Peter Mettler and Conviver No Sertao by Daniel Vasquez
Feature Film: Liz Marshall's Water On The Table
Featured Guest Speaker: Liz Marshall, post-screening Q&A
Audience Discussion lead by Council Of Canadian's Mark Calzavara + Guests
Advance tickets and festival info: www.mintff.org
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

What Could we be Building Instead??
The Prison Moratorium Action Coalition calls for the defeat of Bill S-10 and for a halt to the planned prison expansion!

Please Join us on March 10th to confront the Government's planned prison expansion and their 'anti-crime' legislation! We will be marching from Old City Hall to other locations in Toronto central to the prison expansion plans to voice our anger about the further criminalization of communities in Toronto!

RALLY AND MARCH
Thursday, March 10th, Meet at Noon
Old City Hall Courthouse, 60 Queen Street West, Toronto.
FB Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129918590413938

    We are speaking out at this particular moment to oppose the Conservative government’s push to enact legislation that will put their prison expansion to use. Bill S-10 is currently being debated in the House of Commons and, if passed, would implement mandatory minimum sentences for minor drug offences. Mandatory Minimums were also put in place in the U.S, where they proved to be unsuccessful in combating the War on Drugs. The construction of new prisons, while crime, and specifically violent crime, has been steadily decreasing over the past ten years, is a ludicrous idea. The severity of the majority of crimes has lessened. Both the property crime rate and the youth crime rate have also dropped. We know that this is a waste of taxpayer’s money and a waste of financial resources that could be allocated to more important needs. Opposing MPS are also beginning to realize, and a serious debate over Bill S-10, and the Conservative approach to Crime and Punishment, has begun.

We demand that all members of Parliament defeat all the new ‘anti-crime’ bills proposed by the Conservatives, conscious of the fact that this tactic of fighting crime has proven unsuccessful in America. We demand that the government scrap Bill S-10, focus on harm reduction programs, and begin treating drug use as a health matter, not a criminal matter. We further demand an increase in harm reduction services, and adequate health service, in prisons. We demand the decriminalization of sex work. We wish to see policy alternatives proposed; to see an end to overcrowding in prisons by decreasing incarceration as a strategy; to see the development of education and training programs for those incarcerated to develop tools and strategies for living post-incarceration.

Though the numbers continue to fluctuate, this expansion has an estimated 5 billion dollar price tag per year, and will total a 9 billion dollar expenditure before it’s finished. The Conservative government refuses to listen to reason and look at the facts laid out before them.  Community organizers like us, who witness the over-incarceration and criminalization of many communities in this city, are vehemently opposed to increasing prisons and the continuation of the prison industrial complex. Instead of developing programs that work through a restorative justice model, that consider alternatives in incarceration (which are also less costly), the Conservative government wants to put more and more people in prisons, at a cost of anywhere from $88,000- $250,000 per prisoner every year.

BUILD HOMES, NOT PRISONS! FUND SOCIAL SERVICES, NOT PRISONS!

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

IWD Cultural Event
In celebration of International Women's Day

Fri. March 11, 6 pm-9 pm
519 Church Street Community Centre (near Wellesley St. east, Near Wellesley subway)

Cultural Evening highlighting local artists

$10 at the door, food and drinks available at the bar. Funds raised will send our delegates to the International Women’s Alliance conference in the Philippines
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106186599459813

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Institute for Community Inquiry presents:

Show and Tell

Fri. 11 March · 6:00 - 9:30 pm	(Event starts at 6:45 pm)
The Art Gallery of York University, Accolade East Building, York University 4700 Keele St.

Join us for an evening of live performances, food, drinks, and engaging with the participants.

The ICI is a self-managed group of activists, media artists and academics working with artistic and curatorial practices to extend critical relations between art and activisms in the aftermath of the G20 held in Toronto this past June. Sharing knowledge, production processes and dissemination strategies is a gesture of symbolic cross-pollination, highlighting the collaboration process rather than the final outcome. Participants were challenged to explore unknown territories and to confront notions of what is 'political' or 'artistic', in order to produce works that address these complexities.

No One is Illegal - Kate Milberry - Madi Piller
Philippe Blanchard - Brian Mitolo - Vid Inglevics
Martha Baillie - LAL - Alessandra Renzi - Eugenio Salas
Candance Mooers - Prisoners’ Justice Action Committee
Kawartha Food Security Farmers Network

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Town Hall Meeting on the Federal Role Protecting Our Environment
With Liberal MPs Gerard Kennedy and Stephane Dion
Fri., March 11, 12:00 noon-1:30 pm
Loyola Arrupe Centre, 1709 Bloor Street West (at Keele Station)
RSVP: To register for the event, please contact kenneg1 at parl.gc.ca or (416) 769-5072 by Wed., March 9. A light lunch will be served.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Human Right Violations and the pursuit of Profit, a look into the...

CANADA/HONDURAS - Free Trade Agreement

Friday March 11, 7:00pm
Beit Zatoun House, 612 Markham Street (at Bathurst Subway Station)
INFO: 647-984-6525

Public forum on the role of the Canadian Government in undermining human and civil rights through its free trade agenda.

Featuring special guest speakers:

BERTHA OLIVA
An award winning Honduran human rights defender whose life was forever changed with the kidnapping and forced disappearance of her husband Tomas Nativí in June 1981. Ms. Oliva was a founding member, and is currently General Coordinator, of the Honduran Committee of the Families of the Detained and Disappeared, COFADEH based in Tegucigalpa. She is the recipient of several international awards including the IPS Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Award, and the Human Rights Tulip in the Netherlands.

PEDRO LANDA
Coordinator of the Honduran Centre for the Promotion of Community Development (CEHPRODEC) and a member of the Honduran Agrarian Platform. An historian, philosopher and social analyst, Mr. Landa served as Deputy Director of Caritas Tegucigalpa between 1991 and June 2010, where he developed programs aimed at combating poverty and corruption, and promoting and defending the rights of vulnerable sectors of the population. His work also includes documenting the environmental impacts of the San Martin Mine a project operated by Canadian mining giant Goldcorp in Honduras’ Siria Valley.

Opening Remarks by Todd Gordon: Professor of Political Science - York University, author of "Imperialist Canada"

ORGANIZED BY: Latin American and Caribbean Solidarity Network-Honduras Working Group

SPONSORS:  Americas Policy Group, Common Frontiers, CUPE Ontario-International Solidarity Committee, Development and Peace-Toronto Archdiocesan Council, Latin American Trade Unionist Coalition-LATUC, Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation-OSSTF, Ontario Public Service Employees Union-OPSEU, Toronto and York Region Labour Council, Workers Assembly-International Solidarirty Committee.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Rally and March: International Women's Day Toronto

The theme this year: Our City, Our Services, Our Future - Women Take on the Fight!

Sat. Mar. 12
Rally - 11 AM, OISE Auditorium, 252 Bloor St West
March - 1 PM to
Fair - 1:30 PM, Ryerson Student Centre, 55 Gould St.

International Women's Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. In some places like China, Russia, Vietnam and Bulgaria, International Women's Day is a national holiday.

IWD has been celebrated for more than 100 years. In Toronto, IWD has traditionally been a rally and march, and is organized by a committee of social justice, labour, health and women's rights activists.

More Info:  www.socialistproject.ca/events/#e1393

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

No Apathy! DIY punk matinee

Sat. Mar 12, 10:00pm
Beit Zatoun, 612 Markham Street (by Bathurst subway)
All ages show featuring: Mistake Makers (sincere pop-punk from halifax) Young Feathers (social justice folk jams, ex-barn owl) The Holy Gasp (minimalist anarchist songs, ex-barf pigeons)

There will be a $5 suggested fee at the door (no one will be turned away due to lack of funds).

Please respect the space and our request that no alcohol or other drugs make their way in or around it.

Some of the rad tables that will be set up: Tweveohtwo zine distro, APOC zine distro, No Apathy! free info distro, A Mountain Far distro, Toronto Anarchist Black Cross, Canadian Animal Liberation Movement Toronto. vegan baked goods

No Apathy! works to maintain a safe environment for all who participate in our events so forms of oppression such as homophobia, transphobia, sexism, or racism are not welcome at No Apathy! shows. Let's work together to build a community based on mutual respect as well as shared ideals.

Contact email:  noapathytoronto at gmail.com

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Seedy Saturday – Green Up! Scarborough
Sat. March 12, 12 - 4 pm.
Calling all gardeners! Get ready for spring at Scarborough's second annual Seedy Saturday. Buy and exchange heirloom and organic seeds, learn about bees, composting, native and spring plants, and more. Get hot tips from gardening gurus such as the Toronto Master Gardeners, the North American Native Plant Society and others. Kids will have fun, too, so bring them along!
Heron Park Recreation Centre, 292 Manse Road (at Lawrence Ave East).
For more information, contact katie at ecospark.ca or call 416-691-5173.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

SPINLAW conference

Saturday, March 12
University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
Interested in how the law can have an impact on society? The Student Public Interest Network Legal Action Workshop (SPINLAW) invites you to register for the 2011 SPINLAW conference! Registration is free (register online atwww.spinlaw.ca) and includes breakfast, lunch, and a Saturday reception.

This year's theme is Canada 2020: the future of public interest law. Join law students, practitioners, academics and activists to discuss the role of the law in shaping Canadian society, including panels on:

Access to Justice
Aboriginal Women and Bill C-3
Mental Health in Toronto 2020
Environmental Law and Activism
Polygamy and Women's Rights
Litigation Strategies and Social Justice
Constitutional Rights and the G20 Protests in Toronto

Our keynote speaker, Barbara Jackman, is an immigration lawyer and, who has worked on the issue of security certificates and the Arar inquiry.

This conference is a unique opportunity to connect with like-minded people and hear about cutting-edge areas of public interest law.

Please visit our website (www.spinlaw.ca) for more information, including a schedule, registration and panel summaries.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Z-Day
3rd annual Zeitgeist Day

Sunday, March 13th, 10 am to 8 pm.
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto (252 Bloor St. West at St. George)

Z-Day is a global day of action showcasing the tenets of The Zeitgeist Movement.  This is a great opportunity to interact with fellow like-minded people, learn and talk about various topics including the economy, health, culture, technology and how to transition to a Resource Based Economy.  All this while having tremendous fun!  This event will be happening simultaneously worldwide so be sure to check out http://www.zdayglobal.org for the global calendar.

This all-day event is FREE to the public.

Program:
This year's event will feature lectures, educational booths, workshops, a kids-only area, free organic food, a free store, film screenings and more.  Please see the attached Events Guide for descriptions and timings.

Resources & Volunteers:
If you would like to contribute to Z-Day, please check out the attached Resources & Volunteers List and email ZDay at zeitgeist-toronto.com if you can contribute to any of the items mentioned.

KidZone:
Exclusively for children to play educational games, watch educational cartoons and interact with each other.

Free Organic Food:
There will be 3,000 pounds of organic produce to give away so please bring a bag to take some home with you.

Free Store:
Do you have something that has plenty of life left yet has no use for you?  Bring it to the Free Store to give away to a new home.  While you're there, take something that may be of use to you.

Please help spread the word by forwarding this email to your family and friends, blogging about the event and/or posting the event on your social medial outlets.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Complete Streets Forum 2011

April 28-29, 2011
Toronto

The goal of the 2011 Complete Streets Forum is to explore best practices, share ideas and success stories, and showcase research and technical solutions on how to better plan and design complete streets that will embrace and protect cyclists and pedestrians while accommodating all road users, including transit and cars.
Registration is now open for TCAT's Complete Streets Forum – reserve your spot today to take advantage of early-bird pricing
http://torontocat.ca/completestreetsforum2011
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Activism in Action
Practical Skills for Effective Social Change

Develop effective strategies to create social change in this series of evening workshops (register for 6 or 12 sessions)

+Self Care – prevent burnout

+Human Rights -strategies for change

+Media - alternative & mainstream

+Gaining support for your cause – building your campaign

+Speaking and Writing – getting your message across

+Social Networking – facebook and video

+Fundraising and event organizing

Each series will focus on different skill sets, with experienced presenters

Series One: March 17 – April 21
Series Two: April 28 – June 2

Thursdays 6:30-9:30pm

At Friends House, 60 Lowther Ave. (St. George stop on TTC)

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION - $160 if registered by March 7 and by April 19, for the second series - FULL - $180 single series &  ALL 12 WEEKS FOR $250!

Ask about a sliding scale spot if cost is a barrier

TO REGISTER: Send a $25 deposit to save your spot – or $35 for double series; Make cheque payable to “Toronto Monthly Meeting”   (memo: PeaceWorks) - 60 Lowther Ave. Toronto M5R 1C7

Limited to 15 participants per series

FOR MORE INFO:
Lyn C- 416-731-6605 or H - 416-596-7328 or Email Lyn Adamson: peaceworks at primus.ca

Petra (outreach) C - 416-732-8965 Email Pei.czech at gmail.com

Send an email to request schedule for each series and presenter's bios

PEACEWORKS MAINTAINS AN E-LIST FOR INFORMATION ON TRAINING AND PEACE EVENTS IN THE TORONTO AREA. EMAIL   peaceworks at primus.ca  to add your name to the email list.

MOVIE: INSIDE JOB