One week 'till E-Day - can you devote 2 hours to make nukes an issue?

Angela Bischoff-OCAA angela at cleanairalliance.org
Thu Sep 29 18:40:40 EDT 2011

Hello Toronto anti-nuke friend,

 <http://www.cleanairalliance.org/files/Election_2011_final.pdf>
<http://www.cleanairalliance.org/files/Election_2011_final.pdf> Description:
The billion dollar question Tim Hudak needs to answer
<http://www.cleanairalliance.org/files/Election_2011_final.pdf> With just 1
week till Election Day, there's a lot at stake. To find out more about where
the parties stand on energy issues check out Jack
<http://www.cleanairalliance.org/jack_speak> 's Notes, and/or party
<http://www.cleanairalliance.org/quest2011> .

We've been trying to make new nuclear projects an election issue by asking
candidates to sign the Electricity Consumer Protection Pledge
<http://www.cleanairalliance.org/files/nuke%20pledge%20letter.pdf> ,
(essentially pledging to put nuclear on a level playing field with other
electricity producers by opposing nuclear cost overruns), and by circulating
our election leaflet, The Billion Dollar Question the Tim Hudak Needs to
Answer <http://www.cleanairalliance.org/files/Election_2011_final.pdf> .

Volunteers have distributed a whopping 31,000 leaflets to homes around the
province in recent weeks - thank you everyone that has helped in this
effort! But we have 9,000 left - can you contribute a few hours to help us
get them into homes around the province? We're targeting conservative
ridings, but anywhere will do.

You can generally distribute 100 leaflets in an hour (in an urban setting).
Can you devote 2 hours (or more or less) before E-Day (next Thursday) to
distribute these door-to-door in your neighbourhood? Please say YES! And
then email <mailto:angela at cleanairalliance.org>  me OR order them here
<http://www.cleanairalliance.org/get_involved_order_pamphlets> . They'll
arrive at your doorstep the following day. I can also give you a map to drop
in one of our target ridings.

We'll be doing a group blitz on Sun. Oct. 2, noon, meeting at our office,
and going out together from here. Let me know if you can join us.
Coffee/tea/juice is on me!

Also, EVERY person that orders leaflets and helps distribute will be
included in a draw for one of 2 Festival Passes to Planet in Focus
Environmental Film Festival <http://planetinfocus.org/> , Oct. 12-16 in
Toronto.

Thanks for all your help making massive new nuclear projects an election
issue!

With appreciation,

-angela

Angela Bischoff