Help Ontario break free from nuclear

Angela Bischoff-OCAA angela at cleanairalliance.org
Thu Dec 8 11:50:28 EST 2011

Help Ontario break free from nuclear

The Fukishima nuclear disaster sent shock waves - and radiation - around the
world.   And, of course, this disaster is far from over, with radioactive
leaks and contamination continuing to this day.

The one positive outcome of this terrible tragedy is that much of the world
has learned a valuable lesson about the dangers of nuclear power.  Germany
and Belgium have declared they will phase out nuclear power, and many other
countries are following suit.

But not Ontario.  Here, energy planners remain determined to spend upwards
of $80 billion on dangerous and unnecessary nuclear projects - including new
reactors at Darlington, and rebuilt reactors at Bruce and Darlington -
despite reams of evidence that nuclear is the highest cost and highest risk
option for keeping our lights on.

With public support for nuclear power at an all-time low, there has never
been a better moment to turn the page on nuclear power in Ontario.  Help us
seize the opportunity to push Ontario in a cleaner and safer energy
direction.  Your financial contribution <http://bit.ly/sblOnx>  to our
campaign to secure a 100% renewable energy grid in Ontario can have a
world-changing impact.  We now have a critically important window of
opportunity to push forward better options, like made-in-Ontario green
energy, increased energy efficiency, and water power imports from Quebec,
but we can't do it without your support.

It's easy to despair.  Today, however, we are at a turning point where
Ontario could embrace a sustainable energy future by ending its
multi-billion-dollar entanglement with nuclear energy.  Help us make this
breakthrough happen by donating <http://bit.ly/sblOnx>  to our efforts to
make Ontario the next jurisdiction to declare an end to the use of nuclear
power.

Here's to a nuclear free Ontario. Thanks for your support.

Angela Bischoff

Outreach Director
Ontario Clean Air Alliance
160 John St., #300, Toronto M5V 2E5
Phone: 416 260-2080 x 1

angela at cleanairalliance.org

Ontario Clean Air Alliance <http://cleanairalliance.org/>

Ontario <http://www.ontariosgreenfuture.ca/> 's Green Future

No Nukes News <http://www.ontariosgreenfuture.ca/nonukesnews.php>

Health Power <http://www.healthpower.ca/>

Coal Must Go  <http://coalmustgo.ca/>

Facebook - Ontario Clean Air Alliance

Twitter - @NoNukeBailouts

 <http://cleanairalliance.org/get_involved_donate>

  _____

The Ontario Clean Air Alliance <http://cleanairalliance.org/>  is a diverse,
multi-stakeholder coalition of approximately 90 organizations including
cities, health associations, environmental and public interest groups,
corporations, public utilities, unions, faith communities and individuals,
representing more than six million Ontarians. We are working for cleaner air
through a coal phase-out and a shift to a renewable electricity future.

To subscribe or unsubscribe to this list, please visit
http://www.cleanairalliance.org/bulletins_email_signup