Greenspiration News: Time to Co-operate

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Mon Feb 20 22:45:19 EST 2012

Greenspiration News

I welcome your feedback. -a
Canada, it’s time to co-operate to defeat the Harperites “I call on the opposition party leaders to support political cooperation for electoral reform. During the next federal election, I call on the NDP, Liberals and Greens to work together in key ridings to defeat Conservative incumbents. After the election, I call on them to cooperate to pass electoral reform and make sure our government better reflects the values and priorities of all Canadians.” Sign the letter.

Activists Fight Green Projects, Seeing U.N. Plot Really interesting piece about anti-enviro groups

Liberal Constipation Conservatism is linked to low intelligence

TEDxVancouver - Guy Dauncey Guy is a Canadian jewel. Watch this greenspirational 15 min. presentation

Treating Depression: Is there a Placebo Effect? Superb CBS 60 Minutes story - 14 min.

Fluoride Deception Mini-Documentary on water fluoridation and the phosphate mining industry – 13 min.

Billboards: weapons of mass distraction

Traffic-related asthma costs cities big money

Stop Secret Trials in Canada Learn more about Canada's Security Certificates and sign the petition

Rise Up/Fight Back: Selected Writings of an Antipsychiatry Activist

Wiebo’s War  NFB’s 2011 feature documentary film about one man's epic batte to protect his land and family from the oil and gas business. Download it here.

The Environmental Crisis is in Fact a Crisis in Democracy With Frances Moore-Lappe

The hungry generation More than half of the world's children are too malnourished to grow properly, a major new investigation reveals. Over the past five years the price of food has soared across the globe, thanks to extreme weather conditions, diverting farmland to grow biofuels, speculative trading of food commodities and the global financial crisis. And the situation is getting significantly worse.
Leak exposes how Heartland Institute works to undermine climate science The inner workings of a libertarian thinktank working to discredit the established science on climate change have been exposed by a leak of confidential documents detailing its strategy and fundraising networks.

Canada’s Environmental Assessment Law Is Under Attack The Harper Government wants to gut the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act. Tell the Conservatives that Canada’s environment matters – and environmental laws matter.
The 10th annual Homelessness Marathon February 22-23, (5pm-7am EST) Tune in to the Marathon on various campus-community radio stations across the country or listen live via webcast.

You work 3.84 minutes per day to pay for your bicycle, 2 hours for your car

23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health? 9 min. video, for the health of it

Oil Beneath the Forest - a photo essay about the Tar Sands and the Cree, Dene and Metis that are affected by them

------

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join my email list by emailing Angela at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell me what city/country you live in