T.O. Greenspiration Events: From Fukushima to Ontario

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Sun Sep 15 19:46:13 EDT 2013

T.O. Greenspiration Events

Pass this onto a friend! -a

---------------------------------------

Please vote for us!
If you think the work of the Ontario Clean Air Alliance is super exceptional – we're behind ON's coal phase-out after all, and now we're taking on the nuclear industry in Ontario – please vote for us as  Best Enviro Group in NOW Mag here: http://nowtoronto.com/fbApps/bestof/nominees.cfm?category=159&subcategory=1515

And I've been nominated in the Best Activist category alongside other kick-ass enviros. What an honour! Though I'd rather it not be a competition, you can vote here:  http://nowtoronto.com/fbApps/bestof/nominees.cfm?category=159&subcategory=1509
Thank you!

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

NOW magazine hosts a very comprehensive online events listing:
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/listings/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Premier Wynne: Close the Pickering Nuclear Station
Please sign the petition and watch my video - thank you!
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/premier-kathleen-wynne-close-the-pickering-nuclear-station#share

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Diesel pipeline leaks fuel into Sarnia's St. Clair River
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/diesel-pipeline-leaks-fuel-into-sarnia-s-st-clair-river-1.1705707

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Earth Defenders: Activist Training, Skillshare & Retreat
Join Greenpeace on September 27-29th for our third annual Earth Defenders Training and Skillshare! Volunteers and community organizers in Ontario are invited to learn the basics on campaign strategy, civil disobedience and organizing in your community. We’ll give you skills to help mobilize and carry out your own actions. This training is a great opportunity to meet others in the environmental and activist community, share your knowledge & experience, team build and strategize. Together we can build a bigger, stronger movement to stop environmental destruction and social injustice.  Workshops include:
·                campaign strategy
·                how to work with the media
·                building groups and growing support
·                non-violent direct action and civil disobedience
The venue will be 1-2 hours outside of Toronto, near Orangeville. A bus from Toronto will be provided.
Register Now! Space is Limited!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7DRM-iQKVPh8ljiLCit3S8nZKv5ZMUMP_qVQgODuc0/viewform
Cost: a suggested donation of $50 is asked to help pay for food and accommodation.  Nobody will be turned away from lack of funds, so please do not let this be a barrier.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Eco-City Community Challenge
Did you know Canada wastes more energy than almost every other country in the world? That's why the Canadian Energy Efficiency Alliance is challenging
us to change our habits and use less energy. ENTER NOW http://challenge.energyefficiency.org/ , share your energy-saving actions, and you could win a set of energy-efficient Whirlpool appliances.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Become a member of Cycle Toronto!
Cycle Toronto is a member-supported organization that advocates for a healthy, safe, cycling-friendly city for all. The more members we have, the greater the influence we hold at City Hall. Member dues also provide us with a key source of funding for our advocacy and outreach. All membership levels give you voting rights at our AGM and a Cycle Toronto member card good for great member benefits including discounts on bikes, accessories and more!
http://cycleto.ca/join

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Faith, Art, and Activism
In collaboration with the Trinity College Chaplaincy: Faith, Art and Activism, a mini-festival of events exploring the connections and contradictions between these three fields, from September 14 to October 5.
http://saintstephens.ca/faith-art-and-activism

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Dance Our Way Home Spiral Journey and Dancing the Chakras Series
Fall & Winter 2013 Series & Drop In

Mondays 7:15 to 8:45pm September 16-December 23
Dovercourt House basement, 805 Dovercourt Rd (at Bloor)

A new DOWH series especially to welcome new women to our dance practice - no experience necessary. DOWH is a relaxing moving meditation and ecstatic dance practice for women of all ages, sizes, abilities and spiritualities. LGBTQQ welcoming. With Tracey Tief. There will be Drop In Spots on each Monday, but I hope you'll sign up for the series! Register here: http://www.anarreshealth.ca/node/1813

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Wisdom - Healing Circle and Dinner
Mon. September 16, 5:30pm – 9 pm
Centre for Social Innovation Spadina, 215 Spadina Ave
$60

If you want to bring change into your life, community or the world you probably already have a vision. But do you have all the strength you need in your body, mind and spirit? At this workshop you will be invited to become vulnerable, step out of your comfort zone and uncover any internal blocks or habits that get in the way of reaching your full potential. You will then release them within an aboriginal healing circle. This workshop is a unique blend between Western science and Aboriginal teachings. The evening will include:
	• A First Nations traditional smudge;
	• A community wisdom circle;
	• A traditional healing circle; and
	• A nourishing dinner
http://wisdom-healing-circle.eventbrite.ca/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Stand Up for Science Rally
It’s your future - make it your science

Mon. September 16, noon – 1 p.m.
Queen's Park

It’s time to stand up for science in the public interest in Canada. In recent years we have seen cuts to many important scientific institutions, science funding has shifted focus towards the commercialization of research, and government scientists have lost the ability to communicate their research to the public. Science matters to Canadians. Good science, when coupled with good decision-making, keeps our water and air clean, keeps us healthy, keeps our food safe and prepares Canada for the future. Science in the public interest is crucial for our well-being and long-term prosperity. We will be calling on the Federal government to make a strong commitment to science in the public interest by:
	• Funding scientific research from basic science through to applied.
	• Using the best available science and evidence to make the best decisions.
	• Supporting the open communication of publicly funded science to the public, unless there are demonstrably good reasons for not doing so.
https://evidencefordemocracy.ca/standupforscience
https://www.facebook.com/events/1389399657955841/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Democracy Salon
Join with the Canadian Electoral Alliance

Monday September 16, 6 - 8 p.m.
The 519 Community Centre, 519 Church St.
Subscribe to our newsletter www.electoralalliance.ca
Sign our declaration at http://www.electoralalliance.ca/content/electoral-alliance-declaration
Sign the Community Resolution http://www.electoralalliance.ca/webform/community-resolution

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

100% Renewables - Roadmaps for powering states, countries, and the world with wind, water and sunlight
Webinar with Mark Jacobson.
Tues.  Sept. 17, 3 pm. Toronto time
Free.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/937498314

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Bidder 70
Tuesday September 17, 6:30 pm
Bloor Cinema, Bloor and Bathurst

On December 19, 2008 Tim DeChristopher disrupted a highly disputed Utah BLM Oil and Gas lease auction, effectively safeguarding thousands of acres of pristine Utah land that were slated for oil and gas leases. Not content to merely protest outside, Tim entered the auction hall and registered as bidder #70. He outbid industry giants on land parcels (which, starting at $2 an acre, were adjacent to national treasures like Canyonlands National Park), winning 22,000 acres of land worth $1.7 million before the auction was halted.
Screening hosted by Politica Cinema
http://www.bidder70.org/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Gold Fever Screening + Panel of special guests

Tuesday, Sept 17. 7pm
Royal Cinema, 608 College St. Toronto
With:
- San Miguel Ixtahuacán (GUATEMALA) community member Aniseto Diaz Lopez
- Craig Scott, NDP MP (Toronto--Danforth)
- Howard Hu of Dalla Lana School of Health

Winner of the Rigoberta Mechú Grand Prix at the 2013 Montreal First Peoples Festival, Gold Fever is a hard-hitting documentary about the destruction and exploitation of transnational mining. Together with members of their divided community, and in the face of grave consequences, Diodora, Crisanta and Gregoria resist the threat to their ancestral lands.
Brought to you by MiningInjustice Solidarity, Amnesty International, and Rights Action
https://www.facebook.com/events/566528086745395/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Self Care for Anxiety: A Traditional Chinese Medicine Approach
Free Workshop + Dinner + Acupuncture

Tuesday, Sept 17, 6 - 9 pm
Doors open @ 5:45 pm: Grab a plate of free dinner!
6 pm: Workshop starts
8 pm: Ear acupuncture or acupressure
Centre for Women and Trans People at U of T, 563 Spadina Avenue, Room 100 (North Borden Building)
Wheelchair accessible via Bancroft Ave.

Come learn and share tools for managing everyday anxiety. Includes a healthy calming dinner, tips from traditional Chinese medicine, self-acupressure points, and free ear acupuncture treatment. This workshop is open to women, genderqueer/gender non-conforming people and trans people. Child-minding is available, with 24 hours notice if possible. Simply request child-minding with your RSVP (age of child would be helpful).
www.paulinehwang.ca/anxietyworkshop
Please RSVP (space limited):  info at paulinehwang.ca or 416-890-7770

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Trains Meeting and Call for Volunteers
Tuesday September 17, 6 pm - 8:30 pm
The Lithuanian House, 1573 Bloor Street West

Metrolinx will be hosting a public consultation on noise walls on September 17th . These noise walls will be 5 metre high sound barriers placed at different locations along the route of the forthcoming Union-Pearson Express rail line.  Metrolinx says these are required to mitigate the extra noise of the diesel trains the Liberal government at Queen’s Park has decided to use on this line. Over the past few months, Metrolinx has held several meetings with a Community Advisory Committee to discuss potential wall designs for our neighbourhood.  You can view the Metrolinx designs here: http://www.gotransit.com/gts/en/CACs/noise_wall_cac.aspx
Many community members have advocated for a design concept that enhances the green space of the railpath and the community’s use of it as an urban park.  You can view one such concept here: http://www.tasdesignbuild.com/sharing-boundaries.php

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?
Tues. Sept. 17, 6:15 p.m.
Annette Public Library, 145 Annette St.
Free

Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us? is a profound, alternative look at the global bee crisis from Taggart Siegel, director of The Read Dirt on Farmer John. Taking us on a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and the mysterious world of the beehive, this engaging and ultimately uplifting film weaves an unusual and dramatic story of the heartfelt struggles of beekeepers, scientists and philosophers from around the world including Michael Pollan, Gunther Hauk and Vandana Shiva. Together they reveal both the problems and the solutions in renewing a culture in balance with nature.
Presented by Green 13 & the Annette Library

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

TTCriders Presents:
Transit Talk - Fixing the TTC
Wednesday, 18 September, 7 - 9 p.m.
Metro Hall, Room 309

It’s no secret that the TTC is underfunded. This Transit Talk is an opportunity to discuss and come up with a plan to increase funding to the TTC. If you were TTC Chair/CEO, how would you spend new TTC money? Buying more buses? Reducing Fares? Improving service? As a rider, you have a clear picture of where the TTC’s service deficiencies lay. So why not speak up? TTC CEO Andy Byford and Chief Customer Service Officer Chris Upfold, will be in attendance to help us discuss these issues and come up with ideas.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/event/8209820795?&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Join_TTC_CEO_and_TTCriders_at_our_next_"Transit_Talk"_

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Green Drinks Toronto
Wednesday, Sept 18, 5:30 - 8 pm
Grace O-Malley’s, 14 Duncan St. (St. Andrews subway station)

Share a glass of your favorite bevvy with a few of the 150-200 Torontonians interested in the GTA's green industry. Our events are very simple and unstructured, but many people have found employment, made friends, developed new ideas, done deals and had moments of serendipity.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Forks Over Knives
Thur. Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m.
Revue Cinema, on Roncesvalles just south of Dundas Street.
Tickets are $13 (general)/$10 (STAR CARD holders, seniors, children).

Forks Over Knives explores the benefits and health claims that a low-fat, plant-based diet can combat diseases such as cancer, diabetes and obesity. In his Chicago Sun-Times review, Roger Ebert called Forks Over Knives “a film that could save your life.”
http://highparkveg.wordpress.com/upcoming-events/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Join Fair Vote Canada and Craig Scott, MP to celebrate the UN's Democracy Day!
Thur. September 19, 6 - 8:30 pm
Eastminster United Church, 310 Danforth Ave. (at Chester)

NDP MP Craig Scott is currently doing a national tour to promote the NDP vision of proportional representation at the federal level.  Join us earlier for a march along the Danforth beginning at Broadview subway station at 6 pm. We will hand out brochures to Danforth strollers and make some noise about the urgent need for PR!

http://craigscott.ndp.ca/node/572229
Sign the Declaration of Voters' Right: http://secure.fairvote.ca/en/declaration
http://www.fairvote.ca/campaign2015/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Go Green Workshop for Faith Communities
Thur. Sept. 19, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
1630 Neilson Avenue

Greening Sacred Spaces is holding an informative workshop about “How to Go Green and Save Money”. You will have an opportunity to learn about:
	• Waste management and recycling
	• Community gardens
	• Energy and water conservation
	• Retrofit project and grants
	• Community Engagement
http://gogreensavemoney-eorgf.eventbrite.ca/
www.greeningsacredspaces.net

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

No Jets T.O. invites you to a town hall meeting – Save Toronto’s Waterfront
Rescheduled Town Hall Meeting: Let's Pack the House Again

Thursday, September 19, 6 p.m.
Direct Energy Convention Centre, Exhibition Place, Salon 105

It's our chance to remind City staff and the media why the jets on the waterfront are bad for Toronto. The City has invited the TPA and Porter to present at the town hall! What an opportunity to talk about bogus 'whisper jet' claims and their misleading ad campaigns. Together, we will send Porter, the TPA and their jet plans packing.

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e81559f1635fc440b69d69887&id=287385f42e&e=3eba961c51

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Inside Insite – How Supervised Injection Services Transform Lives and Communities
Thursday, September 19, 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, Auditorium, 6th floor, 155 College Street (one block west of University Avenue)

To commemorate the second anniversary of the Supreme Court decision on Insite, Vancouver’s supervised consumption site, we have organized a free talk with Darwin Fisher, Intake Manager and long-time staff member at Insite. Come hear first-hand how supervised injection services transform lives and communities. The event will be moderated by Toronto Star columnist Joe Fiorito.

For more info, contact: 647.222.4420 — insideinsiteTO at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/events/409145962519016/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Anarchist Manifesto!
Thur. Sept. 19, 9 p.m.
Detour Bar, 193 Baldwin (Kensington Market)

Come party with Test Their Logik, Lee Reed, and other established revolutionary hip-hop acts for the unofficial, completely unaffiliated, totally autonomous hip-hop jump-off for t-dots sickest hip-hop music festival. Yeah that's right, we've got manifesto's of our own that we want to share. Maybe you do aswell?This is a call-out to all hip-hop artists, poets, and singers, bring YOUR manifesto to perform! The theme is revolution, freedom, solidarity, decolonization, equality......

https://www.facebook.com/events/236107919876695/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Road to Palestine
with Ted Schmidt: Educator, Writer and Activist

Thursday, Sep 19, 7 pm
Beit Zatoun, 612 Markham (near Bathurst and Bloor)
$5 suggested donation

A series of personal talks by Canadians who have taken a public stand on Israel/Palestine. They share a recognition that a resolution to the question of peace and conflict in Israel / Palestine is essential to global justice, international law and to peace in the world.  Ted Schmidt is the former editor of Catholic New Times. As well he is the author of Shabbes Goy: a Catholic Boyhood on a Jewish street in a Protestant City most recentlyNever Neutral: A Teaching Life. In a lifetime of teaching he has received numerous awards. A pioneer in Holocaust studies in Canada beginning in 1968, Ted can be found on Friday evenings participating in the vigil in front of the Israeli consulate.

http://beitzatoun.org/event/the-road-to-palestine-a-personal-journey-2/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Toronto Tool Library & Makerspace - Crowdfund Closing Party!
Friday, September 20, 7:30 pm til late!
1803 Danforth Ave (near Coxwell subway station)
Free!

Our crowdfund campaign is almost over, please support the project and thanks to everyone who contributed so far! To celebrate please join us at our almost complete Tool Library & Makerspace on the East Side! Bring a friend, a tool to donate or just yourself, all are welcome!

Contact ryan at irbe.org for more details
https://www.facebook.com/events/655930547752761/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Chris Hedges
An Evening with Pulitzer Prize-Winnipeg Journalist, Author and Activist Chris Hedges.
Friday September 20, doors 7 p.m., event 7:30 p.m.
Bloor United Church — 300 Bloor Street West (corner of Bloor Street and Huron Street, one block west of the St George Subway station)

Pulitzer prize-winning journalist and writer Chris Hedges will be speaking about his experience with the on-the-ground reportage and writing of days of destruction, days of revolt as he travelled to depressed pockets of the United States to report on recession-era America. What follows is a terrifying glimpse of the future for America and the nations that follow its lead — a future that will be avoided with nothing short of revolution. This publication addresses occupy Wall Street in Hedges’s first book since the international protests began. Introductions by Jim Stanford. Q & A to follow.

This is event an accessible event.
http://canadiandimension.com/store/item/5394/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

From Fukushima to Ontario – understanding the current nuclear crisis
Sat. Sept. 21, 7 - 9 p.m.
The Supermarket (backroom) in Kensington Market, 268 Augusta
$5

What's the latest with Fukushima - are the leaking water tanks and precarious waste pools a serious issue? And should we be concerned about nuclear waste burial under Lake Huron at the Bruce nuclear station, as is being proposed? What are the province's plans for extending Pickering and expanding Darlington, and what are the alternatives? With speakers:
- Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear, Wash. D.C. – Fukushima Update
- Don Hancock, Southwest Research Information Centre. New Mexico – Nuclear Waste
- Shawn-Patrick Stensil, Greenpeace Canada – Ontario’s energy future
- Moderated by Angela Bischoff, Ontario Clean Air Alliance with special musical guests:
- Guitarist and Composer Alex Houghton (Ottawa) and percussive guitarist Cory Sillouts (Toronto)

For more info: angela at cleanairalliance.org
https://www.facebook.com/events/341006286035693/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

International March for Peace and Unity
Saturday, September 21, 1 pm
Nathan Phillip Square (Queen and Bay)

Join with peacemakers across the GTA and around the world. This is a grassroots effort to organize a peaceful global march for peace & unity on the International Day of Peace - Saturday, September 21. This community has been created with the belief that people want peace. Ceremony, speakers, march to Queens Park, meditation, dinner, sing-a-long
http://gmpu.org/index.html

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape is pleased to announce its 33rd annual:
Take Back the Night
Saturday September 21
Community Fair at 4-6 pm, Rally at 6 pm and March at 8 pm
Central Neighbourhood House, 349 Ontario St. (between Gerrard St. and Dundas St. East in the Moss Park/Regent Park community)

This year’s theme is: “Self-Determination for Indigenous Women Means Self-Determination for All”. This year’s theme speaks to the experiences of Turtle Islands original people and the (sexual) violence Indigenous women and 2-Spirit People still face today as part of the ongoing colonization of this land. We are all responsible for taking resources from this land and together we can honour the many treaties still between settlers and Indigenous communities.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Descendants of Fire - Film Screening & Panel Discussion
From Wallmapu to Turtle Island (& Beyond): 40+ Years of Anti-Colonial, Anti-Authoritarian and Revolutionary Resistance

Sat. Sept. 21, 7:30 p.m.
Harvest Moon Cafe, 16 Bancroft

Presenting the exclusive premier sxreening of the Mapuche Film: *Ngüenén: El Engaño [The Deceit] (2012), A Film by the Director of “El Despojo” (The Plunder) . Panel discussion: Anti-Colonial Indigenous (Mapuche) Panel w/Irish Republican Speaking Tour

The Mapuche Peoples are a living and fighting example of how an indigenous Nation has been able to resist for more than 400 years against ongoing colonial, corporate and State interests that invade their territory, which continues to this day. These ongoing struggles for Land and Liberation are not only seen in Wallmapu or Chile, but also across this stolen continent, here in Turtle Island and around the world, as they are the response to a genocidal colonial capitalist system. On September 21st we will commemorate the ongoing resistance of our peoples in struggle in Wallmapu and beyond the Andes.

Organized By: The Women’s Coordinating Committee for a Free Wallmapu [Toronto]
http://vimeo.com/67594071 A documentary made by the directors of “El Despojo” (The Plunder) focusing on the international political dynamics of the “War on Terror,” and the counterintelligence strategies used to criminalize the Mapuche struggle for Autonomy and Territorial Reclamation.
http://wccctoronto.wordpress.com/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

On Common Ground
Sat. and Sun. Sept 21 to 22
Historic Fort York 100 Garrison

Festival of culture and community with mobile music, site-specific dance, giant puppet theatre, storytelling, a kids zone and more, featuring Jane Bunnett & Carnivalissimo, the Lemon Bucket Orkestra, Dusk Dances, Clay & Paper Theatre and others. Free.
http://www.toronto.ca/culture/museums/on_common_ground.htm

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Designing A City For Bicycles - with Albert Koehl
Sun Sept. 22, 10:30 a.m.
Unitarian Fellowship of Northwest Toronto, 55 Saint Phillips

Talk on how designing a city for bicycles and not just for cars can contribute to social justice. 10:30 am. Free.
416-761-9375.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Taking it Back: Housing, Shelter, Safe Space Now!
Meal, Gathering and March

Sunday September 22, 3 p.m.
Allan Gardens, College & Sherbourne

The Downtown East area in Toronto is one of the poorest neighborhoods in Canada. It is also a neighborhood experiencing rapid change as developers aim to buy up and redevelop the area. Governments are paving the way for gentrification by rolling out the red carpet for developers and by cutting services like shelters, drop-in's and vital programs. As condos go up, rooming houses and single rooms are disappearing rapidly. When neighborhoods change, rent skyrockets, People are dying on the streets of this city because of a chronic lack of affordable and accessible housing. There are close to 90,000 households on a 10 year long waiting list for social housing and shelters are operating at over 90% capacity.

Together we have fought for and won many things in this neighborhood over the years. We have stood our ground. On September 22nd we do so again and fight for decent housing and shelters, safe spaces, and adequate income for all. They are taking our community piece by piece - join us on the streets September 22nd for the launch of a campaign to take it back.
http://ocap.ca/node/1090
https://www.facebook.com/events/337571059707140

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Creating Your Natural Holistic Business
Sunday, September 22, 2013 10 AM - 4 PM
Anarres Natural Health, 792A Dovercourt Road
http://www.anarreshealth.ca/node/1169

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Solidarity for Climate Fast
Film 'How to Boil a Frog' film screening and letter writing for climate action

Mon. Sept. 23, 7 p.m.
Friends House, 60 Lowther Ave. (St. George subway)

In the Fall of 2012, ClimateFast , hungry for climate leadership, hungry for climate justice, held a successful campaign on Parliament Hill to raise awareness and promote action by our politicians on the climate crisis. Hundreds of people wrote letters, and 103 MPs and 13 senators signed a pledge for climate action.

ClimateFast is holding our second fast and vigil on Parliament Hill (Sept 21 to Oct 2, 2013). We are hungry for climate leadership! Our main ask is for you to send a letter to your MP, from now to October 2nd, expressing your deep concern for urgent, ambitious action on the climate crisis. Sample letters are provided on our site. You are also invited to fast and/or hold vigil in solidarity with climate fasters, to organize letter writing sessions, and to donate to the campaign. Our goals:
• End fossil fuel subsidies
• Put a price on carbon
• Support the development of a renewable energy plan for Canada
www.climatefast.ca
416-731-6605

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Magnetic Soles
•  Natural, Non-Invasive with  Zero Side Effects
•  Increasing Nerve Conduction, Increasing Circulation... and
•  There is Nothing Else that can do this... and
•  There is No Competition
http://magneticsoles.com/
Contact: Dianne Knight, B.A.,
tel: 416.551.7259
email: info [AT] magneticsoles [DOT] com

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Radical Business Intensive
A pay what you can, weekend long marketing workshop
Nov 14 - 17 with Tad Hargrave
You can learn more and sign up here:
http://theradicalbusinessintensive.yolasite.com/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Other 25% - Active Transportation and the Big Move
The Toronto Centre for Active Transportation (TCAT) is pleased to release their new report which discusses the current status of regional active transportation planning in the GTHA and highlights best practices in other jurisdictions. A series of “next steps” are recommended to ensure that coordinated planning and investment in cycling and walking networks are included in the next phase of the regional transportation plan.
http://www.tcat.ca/node/2122

Eulogies and Condolences for Tooker
and Stories of ecology and activism
Join my email list by emailing Angela at:
greenspiration at web.ca
Write "subscribe" in the subject line
and tell me what city/country you live in