Send a real cycling champion to City Hall!

Angela Bischoff-OCAA angela at cleanairalliance.org
Wed Oct 8 12:26:49 EDT 2014

Picture

 Hello 2-wheeled friends,

Send a real cycling champion to City Hall!

Albert Koehl is our guy. He’s running for Council in Ward 20. Check out his website: www.votealbertkoehl.com

Koehl has got street cred, having fought for bike lanes on Bloor for many years now by taking a lead role in organizing annual Bells on Bloor rides and this year’s Bikestock. He’s been an environmental lawyer for 20 years, during which time he lead the legal battle for bike lanes on Bloor downtown; was instrumental in pushing the province into calling the recent coroner’s inquest into cycling deaths in Ontario; and took the city to the Ontario Labour Relations Board in 2009 arguing that Toronto’s not doing enough to design streets so cyclists and pedestrians are protected. Here are some of his bike awards: Toronto Cycling Hero <http://www.nowtoronto.com/lifestyle/story.cfm?content=191886>  NOW Magazine, 2013; Active Transportation Champion of the Year <http://dandyhorsemagazine.com/blog/2012/11/22/lawyers-patrick-brown-and-albert-koehl-share-tcats-2012-active-transportation-champion-award-recap-of-this-years-bicycle-friendly-business-awards/> , Toronto Centre for Active Transportation, 2012; Cycling Advocate of the Year <http://www.ibiketo.ca/blog/2009/01/21/toronto-bike-awards-2009> , iBikeTO, 2009.

Can you lend a hand to get a bicycle advocate elected? Here’s how you can help:

·         Join our bike parade on Sat. Oct. 11, 11 – 1 p.m. or ride the trailer anytime. Contact: angela at cleanairalliance.org

·         Join our canvass blitz Sat. Oct. 11, 1 – 4 p.m. or canvass/leaflet drop anytime. Contact: erooney19 at hotmail.com

·         Donate – you get 75% back! http://www.votealbertkoehl.com/donate.html

·         Forward this email to your 2-wheeled friends.

We really need your help! We’re planning some great bicycle press events that we’d love to invite you to if you join our team.

Thank you… Onward to City Hall!

- Angela Bischoff

Take the Tooker, Bells on Bloor, Koehl for Council

p.s. Olivia Chow is a cyclist too, and has promised to expand our cycling network by 200 km in the next term. http://www.oliviachow.ca/

p.s.s. Here’s a petition that I think you’ll be interested in: Bike Lanes for Toronto Now! #MinimumGrid <https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Toronto_Mayoral_Candidates_Support_Minimum_Grid_100km_protected_lanes_100_km_bike_blvds_by_2016/?bYaioab&v=47338> . It’s calling on all Mayoral candidates to commit to creating a Minimum Grid of 100 km of protected bike lanes and 100 km of bicycle boulevards by 2018.

p.s.s. Find out more about voting on Oct. 27, where and when, advance voting, your ward candidates, etc. here <http://www.citynews.ca/2014/10/07/toronto-election-voting-guide-who-when-where-how/>  and here <http://app.toronto.ca/vote/campaign.do> .