T.O. Greenspiration Events: Women's March

Angela Bischoff angela at cleanairalliance.org
Mon Jan 16 01:56:11 EST 2017

“Politicians see the light when they feel the heat.” Rep. Keith Ellison

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

500 Nations – the story of Native Americans
4 part documentary series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6K4ar1nm5A

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Charges Against Enbridge Pipeline Protesters Dropped
Aamjiwnaang's Vanessa Gray Stone Stewart and Sarah Scanion participated in
an act that shut down Line 9. A charges were dropped.
http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2017/01/13/charges-enbridge-pipe
line-protesters-dropped/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

I want to take action to stop the TTC service cuts
http://www.ttcriders.ca/day-of-action-for-better-service-not-overcrowding-an
d-cuts/
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd19aThwPAvM3miti7KorMCmOxff6sj9yaW
eLG-EQO8mYRo9A/viewform

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

New York to replace nuclear station with water power from Quebec - Ontario
should too!
New York State has reached a deal to shut down the 40-year-old Indian Point
Nuclear Station, located less than 30 miles north of New York City, on the
basis that it is too close to a large urban area. Contrast that to the
reaction of the Wynne Government to Ontario Power Generation’s (OPG’s) plan
to seek a 10-year license extension for the Pickering Nuclear Station.
Pickering is actually older than Indian Point. And there are twice as many
people living within 30 km of Pickering than live within the same distance
from Indian Point (2.2 million versus 1.1 million).
http://www.cleanairalliance.org/indianpoint/
And sign the petition to close Pickering here:
http://www.cleanairalliance.org/close-pickering/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Bike Spotting - Dandyhorse Magazine profiles me
http://dandyhorsemagazine.com/blog/2016/12/26/international-bike-spotting-an
gela-bischoff/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Environmental Wellness Consulting
Care for People and Pets
with Live-In Option
•           Senior, Infant, Child, Anyone with Health Challenges, Dog or Cat
or any Creature
•           Daytime or Overnight Care, as needed
•           Transitioning to a Living Raw Vegan Fresh Organic Foods Natural
Hygiene Alkaline- Forming, Food-Combining Diet done with your doctor's
and/or vet's supervision
http://dianneemf.com/consulting.php

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Two-wheel takeover: bikes outnumber cars for the first time in Copenhagen
It's cheaper too: the last 12 years of bicycle investments only amount to
half the cost of a single vehicle bypass in the north of the city.
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/nov/30/cycling-revolution-bikes-outn
umber-cars-first-time-copenhagen-denmark

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Transit advocates lodge complaint over controversial Scarborough subway
debate
Misleading briefing note provided by staff misaligned Scarborough’s transit
future, TTCriders says.
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/01/11/transit-advocates-lodge-co
mplaint-over-controversial-scarborough-subway-debate.html

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Dan McDermott: Farewell to an Environmental Hero
http://www.torontoenvironment.org/dan_mcdermott_farewell_to_an_environmental
_hero

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Finding Hope in a Time of Climate Change
Mon. Jan 16,  6:30 pm
The Eglinton Grand, 400 Eglinton Ave. W.
With Dr. Stephen Scharper, Professor, School of the Environment, U of T,
Department for the Study of Religion
The facts about the pace and scope of climate change are disconcerting, if
not downright depressing. Rather than leading to concerted action, they can
sometimes lead to personal and political paralysis - and despair. How do we
find hope in a time of climate crisis? What are the wellsprings of energized
action and resilience in this era of grave ecological challenge? Prof.
Scharper suggests that we face both a spiritual and ecological crossroads,
and in this talk, he will explore the spiritual and political practice that
is attempting to provide both hope and change in this climate-challenged
moment.
http://my.alumni.utoronto.ca/s/731/index_clean.aspx?sid=731&gid=1&pgid=11664
&cid=20022&ecid=20022&ciid=72711&crid=0

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Monthly Death Café Hosted by Dying Well Collective
Tues. Jan. 17, 6:30 p.m.
CSI Annex, 720 Bathurst Street, June's Room
A death cafe is a global movement 'to increase awareness of death with a
view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives'. It is a
facilitated and "group-directed discussion of death with no agenda,
objectives or themes." All cafes are different and everyone is welcome!  The
Dying Well Collective is a group of End-of-Life-Care practitioners whose aim
is to educate, advocate and support those that are dying and their families
with choice, dignity, and compassion. We host monthly death cafes, webinars
and workshops, and offer additional death doula services. We want to change
the conversation around death and dying. We meet every month on the third
Tuesday of the month.
https://socialinnovation.org/event_auto/monthly-death-cafe-hosted-by-dying-w
ell-collective/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Building a World Community: Principles, Strategy, Advocacy
Wed. Jan. 18, 7 - 9 p.m.
Room UC 144 of University College, 15 King’s College Circle, U of T
With Fergus Watt, Executive Director, World Federalist Movement of Canada. A
Science for Peace event.
http://scienceforpeace.ca/building-a-world-community-principles-strategy-adv
ocacy

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Under the Knife - Healthcare in Ontario
Thur. January 19, 6 - 8 p.m.
CRC, 40 Oak Street
Start the new year of resistance by joining OCAP for our monthly speaking
series focusing on topics central to poor people’s issues and organizing. A
new topic is presented every month and all events are open to the public.
This month is on health care. How did we win universal healthcare? Why is it
under attack? How are the changes impacting the poor? Free Event with a
meal, childcare, wheelchair access and tokens.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1374059085961741/

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Women’s March on Washington - Toronto
Sat. January 21, noon - 2 p.m.
Queen’s Park (College and Avenue Rd)
Join millions in supporting Americans who are using the occasion of the
inauguration of Donald Trump to say no to racism, xenophobia, homophobia and
transphobia, sexism and oppression, and to the normalization of hate and
intolerance.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1887427814819609/?notif_t=plan_user_invited&
notif_id=1483560190515583

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Transit Summit
Sat. Jan. 21, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
31 Wellesley St E
TTCriders and friends are hosting a transit summit to build our movements
for a world class public transit system that truly serves Torontonians and
is affordable for all. Our all-day summit will feature a keynote speaker, up
to five skill-building workshops to improve our ability to engage in transit
advocacy, and two hours allocated to open strategizing and discussion on
topics of your choosing. $0 - $20.
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/transit-summit-tickets-30491650347

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Theatre of the Oppressed
Sun. Jan. 22, 1 - 4 p.m.
U of T
Join us for an intro to 'Theatre of the Oppressed', a model that uses games
and techniques developed by Brazillian theatre director, writer and
politician Augusto Boal. These participatory 'popular eduation' tools
motivate us to deepen our understanding of social injustice and empower us
to break the cycle of oppression. These techniques will provide participants
with a diversity of community-building strategies that address interpersonal
communication, conflict resolution, team-building, empathy and personal and
collective healing and growth. This workshop is intended for anyone
interested and committed to social justice and keen to apply arts-based
practices in life & work. No previous theatre experience necessary.
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/theatre-of-the-oppressed-tickets-30087397215

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The Green Majority
Live Eco Radio Show every Friday from 11 am - Noon CIUT 89.5 FM
greenmajority.ca <http://greenmajority.ca>

Three Women
Feminist Radio every Monday 4 - 5 p.m.
CIUT 89.5 FM

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Centre for Social Innovation Events
http://socialinnovation.ca/community/events/listing

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Shape My City Events
http://shapemycity.ca/events.php

Hot Docs
Bloor Cinema (Bloor and Bathurst)
http://bloorcinema.com/

NOW magazine hosts a very comprehensive online events listing
https://nowtoronto.com/search/event/community-events/