Not-the-Nuclear-Lobby

Angela Bischoff - OCAA angela at cleanairalliance.org
Sat Apr 22 21:16:27 EDT 2023

Hello climate-concerned friends, please share this info with your networks – thanks. Most events are available remotely.

-angela

---------

Nuclear power is a dirty, dangerous distraction from real climate action: that is the main message of Not-the-Nuclear Lobby heading to Ottawa this week (Apr. 24 – 28) to speak with MPs, meet with think-tanks and NGOs, and participate in public events addressing the problems and risks that nuclear industry lobbyists will not speak about – $$, risks, waste and proliferation.

NGO Lunch-n-Learn: All NGO reps are invited to join us on: Mon. June 24 at noon

Online OR in person at the Can-Rac office, 75 Albert St, #305, Ottawa

We are hosting several public events as well – please attend and amplify:

Debate: Do We Need to Scale up Nuclear Power to Combat Climate Change?

Tues. Apr. 25, 5 - 7 p.m. ET

Hybrid event - in person at University of Ottawa AND online via zoom

Dr. Gordon Edwards, President of the Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility, faces off with Dr. Chris Keefer, President of Canadians for Nuclear Energy.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/do-we-need-to-scale-up-nuclear-power-to-combat-climate-change-tickets-596055978477

Red Light for Nuclear Build Up

Tuesday, April 25, 10 am. ET

Centennial Flame, Parliament Hill, Ottawa

Join us to remind our government of the grave concerns we have over nuclear waste and plans to expand nuclear reactors into communities across Canada.

https://stop-smrs.weebly.com/not-nuclear.html

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/207026775383918/

Is New Nuclear a Smart Climate Solution?

Thur. Apr. 27, 7 - 8:30 p.m. ET

Watch online OR attend at the Ottawa Quaker Meetinghouse, 91-A Fourth Ave. Ottawa

Hear leading Canadian anti-nuclear voices:

- Dr. Gordon Edwards, Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility

- Dr. Dale Dewar, author of 'From Hiroshima to Fukushima to You – a primer on radiation and health'

- Candyce Paul, English River First Nation

- Angela Bischoff, Ontario Clean Air Alliance

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/is-new-nuclear-a-smart-climate-solution-tickets-605041444247

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1605661816580841/

Twitter:

Twitter post on full week of events:
Twitter post on the debate:
Twitter post on the rally:
Twitter post on public forum:

Facebook:

Facebook post on full week of events
Facebook post on the debate
Facebook post on the rally
FB event on rally
Facebook post on the public forum
FB event on the forum

Instagram:

Insta post for the full week of events:

We are a coalition of more than 120 groups that oppose gov’t funding for SMRs (small modular nuclear reactors) under the guise of climate action. The Not-The-Nuclear-Lobby week is organized by groups including the: Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility, Sierra Club Canada Foundation, Coalition for Responsible Energy Development in New Brunswick, Northwatch, Ontario Clean Air Alliance, Concerned Citizens of Renfrew County and Area, Interchurch-Uranium Educational Co-operative, Concerned Citizens of Manitoba, and le Ralliement contre la pollution radioactive.

-angela

NoGTAreactor.ca

NoNewGasPlants.ca

CleanAirAlliance.org