Toronto Greenspirational Events

Angela Bischoff greenspi at web.ca
Sun Dec 7 23:04:00 EST 2008

Toronto Greenspirational Events

---

Indigenous and Racialized Communities, Mental Health and Access to
Justice Forum

Monday December 8, 2008
8:30 am to 4:00 pm

Ryerson University
Jorgenson Hall, POD 250
(Gerard Street Entrance)

---
---

EcoLeadership Training
Level 1 course
Tuesday December 9th
9:30 – 2:30

Who is this for?
·      business leaders, teachers, and facilitators,
·      anyone who would like to
o      expand their ability to be present,
o      connect with others,
o      be ahead of the pack.

NOTE: This is not about environmental issues,
        recycling, or composting.

Rather, you will explore systems, methods and practices for thinking
out-of-the-box. This workshop is the large picture of leadership.
Using hands-on methods, this workshop will give you tools to design
programs, workshops, and training that create lasting results and new
solutions to old problems.

Learn how to:
·      Use ecological and environmental thought to create unique
solutions
·      Enhance your ability to engage those with whom you work
·      Make sustainability reasonable.

Concepts to be covered include:
·     Critical Thinking
·     Ecological Decision Making
·     How to use the Teaching Wheel
·     Emotional, Physical, and Spiritual Intelligence
·     Your Personal Style of Leading
·     Approaches to Facilitation
·     Strategies for Inspiration

Your investment:          $85.00 and receive a free copy of the
acclaimed book,
“Living Education: The Power of the Circle!”
Your Facilitator:          David A. Berger, M.E.S.

David A. Berger
Living Education Institute
416.694.8444

---
---

60TH ANNIVERSARY OF UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

National Day of Action to Stop Secret Trials in Canada and End
Deportations to Torture

WEDNESDAY DEC 10TH   - 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.

Toronto Event: Gather at CSIS (277 Front Street West, at John, across
from the CBC) with Santa Claus for a Sing-Out Against Secret Trials.
Join us for new renditions of those holiday favourites, including
Rudolf the Racist MP,
Struggling in a Winter Wonderland, CSIS Spies are Tracking You Down,
and the classic chestnut, The 12 Days of IRPA.

Info: tasc at web.ca

---
---

THE HUMAN RIGHT TO PEACE: FOOD, FILM, FAIR

Wed. DECEMBER 10:  6 p.m. - 9:30 PM

Friends House, 60 Lowther Ave. (St. George Subway, Bedford exit, 1-
block north of Bloor St. West)

In honour of the 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights, you are cordially invited to join us for an engaging
evening on Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 in downtown Toronto at
Friends House.  All evening events are free. Everyone is welcome!

The Human Right to Peace: Food, Film & Fair
6:00 pm - Potluck Dinner
7:00 pm - Meet, Mingle & Greet Peace Women: Naba Hamid (Iraq), Minoo
Derayah (Iran), and many others.
8:00 pm - Film: “Voice of Women for Peace: The First 30 Years”
Featuring Muriel Duckworth, Kay McPherson, Ursula Franklin, Nancy
Pocock, Lil Greene.
- PLUS -
6:00 - 9:00 pm Fair-Trade Fair in support of women & children living
in conflict zones around the world.

Hosted by Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (Ontario VOW).
For Table Reservations & Details, Call: 416-731-6605 or Email:
ladamson at primus.ca
Learn About Our VOW Peacebuilding Work Online:  www.vowpeace.org

---
---